Pokémon Go!

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by NoHobo, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2 people like this.
  2. Aerianne

From my friend, the EMT

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Aerianne

From my Police Department

Henry County Police Department
    38 mins ·

Pokemon Go Game Safety and Awareness
    On July 6, 2016, an application (app) known as Pokemon Go was released. It is an interactive virtual game for mobile devices that utilizes an individual’s GPS location and camera to allow players to see and virtually capture Pokemon creatures while walking around their communities. The app identifies the player’s location and encourages the player to walk around the real world, causing some players to injure themselves from tripping and falling, unknowingly walking into roadways without checking traffic and become distracted using the app while driving.

Since the release of the game several calls have come into local police departments about suspicious activity and trespassing. Large groups of people are gathering, sometimes during the middle of the night, with their cellphones to catch, battle, or collect Pokemon. Please respect private property, get permission to be there or go somewhere else.
    Individuals can use a “Lure” feature in the game to attract Pokemon Go players by enticing them with a PokeStop. Police in Missouri responded to a report of an Armed Robbery where a “Lure” was placed to target Pokemon Go players. Be alert, if the location doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t. At least take a couple of friends, for there is safety in numbers.
    Use common sense and go where you are authorized at reasonable times, stay aware of your surroundings, and remember to be alert while driving, your life and the life of others depend on it. We understand that, "You gotta catch' em all" but please be safe while doing so!

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrSGuxJL8Pw

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

People love to hate on this game.

But haters are gonna hate. It's just a video game like any other. Except people have to move around to play it.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLz

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Remembering back to things like Second World and Xbox Kinnect, for those that remember the former. At the time there was talk they would revolutionize or change a whole bunch of things. But people are basically too lazy for either.

This one will just be a fad, you'll get a few more games like this, he cool for a while, but then they will just go back to their couches, of the comfort of their Starbucks stool and soy latte

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, i dunno why its so fun to hate on this game. In theory its kind of cool. It gets pale people out of the house. And who doesnt like a good scavenger hunt?

But people look so damn stupid playing it lol.

The other day I picked up some lunch and parked my car by this grassy area to eat it. There was a guy walking around in circles with his phone and a few yards away he was being watched by a homeless man with a "wtf?" expression on his face.

1 person likes this.
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

pokimon zombies aren't shooting each other.
    all earth is sacred and more of it should be public.

the only thing i would consider negative about it is you have to buy the ap and have a phone it will run on.

it should be given to homeless people as something healthier then getting drunk or rotting their minds with religious brain washing.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLz

One guy in Oregon approached a guy in a park at 1am he thought was playing the game, but then got stabbed in the shoulder....so what does he do then? Go to hospital straight away....No, he had to finish playing the game first.

* I won't bother with a link becuase I'm on my phone, Google is your friend

11. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

The app is free!

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

In local news, a bank in Windsor CA was robbed by two enterprising fellows...

They stole a car from someone too self-absorbed to notice he was being robbed while playing Pokemon Go in one town, drove to a bank in yet another town, and proceeded to shoot and rob an armored car courier.

Massive manhunt ensued nearby...

Were they found by PokemonGo players?

13. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Lmao these stories are all ridiculous to me. You normally don't have to be right on top of a Pokémon to get it and the game is very easy to look away from, so I have no idea why all these idiots keep getting into trouble playing it. I have had it for 2 days and been walking around playing and I don't even need to look at my phone much until it buzzes in my hand and then I still have time to look around and make sure I'm not in the way of anything before I catch the pokemon. If a Pokémon spawns in the street you just need to walk up either side of the street to get it, not right into the damn middle...

1 person likes this.
  14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just to beat Ty to it: because they're idiots ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ "nuf said

16. Milf_hunt07

Milf_hunt07 Members

Team Red Rules. Enough Said.

17. Milf_hunt07

Milf_hunt07 Members

Team Red Rocks. Enough said.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It is now being investigated if the truck driver in Nice had Pokemon Go on his phone.

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This is why I hate Pokemon Go. Because the people who play it are braindead morons. If you're under the age of 12 I can make an exception, I suppose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50hNUiSQwEc

20. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

God forbid people want to have a little bit of fun playing a game in this fucked up world we live in.

What is the difference between me walking around with my nose in a book and someone walking around playing Pokemon Go?

At least it is a game that gets people up off the couch and outside moving around.

1 person likes this.