Can Someone Please Explain This?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Yogamat, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Hi all,
    Something happened to me a few years ago,which I have no logical explanation.When I was living in Australia,I had a group of close friends.One night,we were all sat around talking,and the discussion led to death!It was a light hearted discussion,we were all in our 30's at the time.We decided that,whoever died first(hopefully in old age!)that if there were life after death,the person who died,had to somehow let us know there was life after death.Fast forward a few years,and I had relocated to the UK to live.I had kept in regular contact with these friends.One of them,called Debbie,I had rang one day,nothing unusual about the conversation,and she stated she was fine etc.3 weeks later,I wake up one morning,(Husband was in bed next to me)and started bawling my eyes out.My husband woke up and asked what was wrong.I blurted out Debbie had died!My husband asked how I knew this,and I replied I didnt know,but I did know she had died.He suggested I ring her.I picked up the bedside phone,and called her.No answer!Husband then suggested I check my emails.I logged into my emails,and low and behold,an email from a mutual friend in Australia!When I opened the email,my friend just wrote "Please ring me,Urgent!" I reluctantly rang her.She said "I have some sad news!I replied "Its ok,I already know!Debbie has passed away has'nt she"?My friend confirmed the news and asked how I knew!!!! (I couldnt explain)Apparently Debbie had died whilst I was asleep,and that her daughter had returned from school and found her Mum dead on the lounge floor. I just want to know how I knew that?Im really curious!
    About 3 mths after Debbie died,I was working in a hospital.I finished my shift at 6pm,and as it was mid winter,it was dark outside.I got into my car,and started driving.I had a large truck in front of me,and it was slowing down approaching a roundabout.I changed gear,expecting to stop but as the roads were quiet,the truck kept going,so I didnt have to hit the brakes.Just at that moment,I felt a hard slap on the back of my left shoulder.I was terrified.I thought someone had somehow got into my car before I did,and was about to put a knife to my throat!!! I started panicking,and felt real fear.Then all of a sudden,a calmness came over me,and I said out loud "Its ok Debbie,but please dont do that whilst I'm driving"!I dont know why I said that,it just felt the right thing to say at the time!lol So I start to relax,Im driving up a freeway,and I come to the slip road,where I have to leave the freeway.Its uphill,so I start changing gear,lightly hit the brakes....to discover I have no brakes!!!!! Luckily as it was uphill,I came to a slow standstill and was safe! I believe(???)Debbie somehow was trying to warn me(by slapping me)that I had no brakes.
    The thing is,I've always been the kind of person to not really believe in the after life.I'm quite sceptical by nature,but how can I explain these "happenings"?Can someone please share their thoughts?Much appreciated!
    PS This isnt the only two incidents Ive had!

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Honestly, I don't think there is much to explain here. I think you and I both know that your friend Debbie is watching over you.

2 people like this.
  3. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

My friend and I have a similar pact. Many I've spoke to have talked about dead friends visiting the night they pass.

1 person likes this.
  4. P_Bateman

P_Bateman Members

My friend and I have a similar pact. Many I've spoke to have talked about dead friends visiting the night they pass.

5. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

One primitive tribe likes to say, "Mother nature's love is irresistible, but she has a warped sense of humor". The US military came across similar situation when they recruited legendary native American trackers to become snipers and discovered, to everyone's surprise, the mojo was lost the minute they cut their hair. Nature offers us our choice of interpreting any situation she throws at us however we might prefer but, sometimes, that means we come across apparent serendipitous concordance that can also be interpreted as merely nature's sense of humor which can also be interpreted as merely begging the question. :)

2 people like this.
  6. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Yogamat, I am in complete agreement with Ashalicious. Maybe what you are really asking is for validation from others with similar experiences? I could give you plenty, but it would take a long time to write it all out. Actually I'm trying to write a book about it all, tho, I have made substantially no progress for a few years now...but that is my own personal problem. :)

Here is one story tho: Many years ago my wife Patricia (who is now my ex-wife, tho we still love each other) had taken all our kids on a journey up north to visit relatives. On the night I was expecting her back, I finally decided to go to bed. I went to sleep, but I suddenly awoke at one point with the strong feeling that Patricia was having trouble staying awake at the wheel. I telepathically contacted my spirit guide Dani (this is a long story that I will omit for the present) to ask her to help Patricia stay awake, and Dani said she would do that.

About half an hour later, Patricia arrived home safely with the kids. She told me she had found herself falling asleep and drifting off the road at a place that was about half an hour from our home. She said she had opened the window and managed to stay awake the rest of the way. ;)

So, Yogamat, would you like to know how and why stuff like this happens? Well I have a lot of thoughts on this subject. I believe it all fundamentally relates to our spiritual journeys on this beautiful Earth, and is meant to get us to pay attention to the dimension of the spirit, which is ultimately meant to guide us along our journeys in life. If you decide you want to find deeper understanding, I would advise seriousness of intent, cuz the spirits will use your desire for deeper knowledge to teach you. And the lessons tend to be object lessons, and they can sometimes be hard lessons to experience. Yet know that if this is the path you want, you will never be pushed beyond your ability to endure.

Ask and it shall be given. Yeah? :) Seek, and you shall find. :)

2 people like this.
  7. zengizmo

And also, Yogamat...how beautiful that you have Debbie with you! Innit??? I know what this is like, cuz I have some folks who are with me like that also...tho they are all alive, still...so far...

Well, not ALL of them...but that's another long story.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Thankyou for the replies!It just seems so strange to me how these things happen! Another couple of quick stories.My father in law had passed away.A couple of weeks later,I woke up during the night,and to my horror,saw my father in law standing next to our bed,looking down at my husband sleeping!! I was frozen with fear,and quickly hid under the duvet.I told myself "Nah I really didnt just see Bill,I must of been dreaming"!I calmed myself down,and uncovered my face from the duvet......looked over at my husband sleeping,and yep Bill was still standing there!lol I screamed which woke my husband,and it also made Bill disappear! :)
    Then a couple of months later,my own father passed away.A short time later,I was home alone,cleaning my kitchen floor.All of a sudden,I felt a big slap on my back!I screamed,turning around,but no one was there!I then said ....Its ok Dad,I know you;re there,but dont scare the living crap out of me"!lol My Mum died 18mths ago,and so far.....no visits or signs from her.I wonder why that is?
    The truth is though,I actually dont want visits from deceased people,because its bloody scary when it happens hahaha!

1 person likes this.
  9. zengizmo

There is so much we can't understand, Yogamat, and so I find the best thing is to just try to accept it and go with it. :) You seem to attract visitations from dead folks. I have had visitations from recently deceased friends a couple of times, but much subtler than yours. My psychic visitations seem to be mostly from living people I know who have spiritual gifts...tho I have also received a communication or two from what seemed to be non-living spirits a bit farther up in the spiritual hierarchy.

I keep looking for unifying theories to explain how stuff like this happens. Still, I really don't know...what I have eventually arrived at is this: The "physical" universe, all that we experience, might be best thought of as a dream in the mind of God. If this is all just a god's dream, it makes it a BIT easier to understand how weird shit could happen, I think. :D But yeah, it still leaves a LOT of shit unexplained. But hell, if we understood ALL the mysteries, what would be left for us to wonder about, yeah? :)

1 person likes this.
  10. zengizmo

Ultimately, I think that whatever we experience is geared to each of us personally, to give us what we need for our particular spiritual path at this point in time, in this particular lifetime. So...why do you get visitations from dead folks? Really, YOU are the person in the best position to answer this question. Cuz questions like this are meant to get us to think about who we are, why we are here, and what we want to accomplish in this particular life. So...what is it that you are trying to accomplish in this life, Yogamat? :)

11. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Lol I have no idea!Maybe some meditation might give me some clarity! :) I do talk to my deceased Mum occasionally,but as I said,had no "signs"from her,unless I've missed them!

1 person likes this.
  12. zengizmo

Well there is no hurry, of course. Sometimes we just need to patiently wait and see where our life is taking us. I was in my mid-forties before my life dramatically changed forever and started showing me where it is taking me. In the meantime I think the best thing to do is to enjoy the ride as much as possible and have fun with it, if we can. :)

1 person likes this.