Sedona

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by muses7788, Jul 3, 2016.

1. muses7788

muses7788 Members

Hello all! I'm Rachel.
    I'm 42 years old, and just recently left a horrible relationship.
    I've been doing a lot of soul searching, and am thinking of moving to Arizona.
    From what I've read, Sedona isn't what it used to be. I still want to check it out.
    Any suggestions?
    Any other thriving communes in Arizona? I would like to end up in Arizona for a few reasons, but one is because of my health problems. I have problems with chronic widespread pain.
    Any information would be awesome!
    Brightest Blessings!

1 person likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've heard good things about the social atmosphere in Phoenix. Don't know anything about the rest of Arizona, other than that it's very warm! Good luck.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sedona isn't what it used to be... and I haven't been there since the late 90's. It was changing then. I shudder to see what it's like now.

4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I've been to Sedona several times in the last ten years. It is very commercialized now, a regular touristy place. I don't know any communes; but, you need to check out IC.ORG. That stands for INTENTIONAL COMMUNITIES...they have a lot of info on living that way. I think you would have better luck in Washington and Oregon. There are lots of Women Only communities. There are Organic Food & Vegan communities that I like. There some places that are END TIMES SURVIVALIST GUN ENTHUSED Wingnut places, and there are some Christian Fundies too. I stayed away from them folks. Go on IC and study real good before you go. Some places will not let you just drop in. They want prior notice. Some places just want your money. I live on my social security income and a couple of outfits wanted ALL OF MY MONTHLY CHECK. So, do your homework.

1 person likes this.