The Day The Chat Stood Still...

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Monarch butterflies are finally on the rebound. With the colorful pollinators threatened by everything from pesticides to habitat destruction, the U.S. government pledged $3.2 million to the cause last year. Back in March, a World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Mexico survey found reason for hope, showing a substantial population increase in migration numbers. But the butterflies aren’t in the clear just yet.

[​IMG]
    According to University of Chicago professor Marcus Kronforst, in 1996 around one billion monarchs migrated, but in 2013 there were just 35 million. The March WWF Mexico survey revealed the insects were rebounding, with numbers rising to roughly 150 million. More milkweed planted has played a part in the rebound, as has weather that suits the butterflies.
    Related: 8 Ways that you can help save monarch butterflies
    Natural Resources Defense Council scientist Sylvia Fallon recently told Reuters they are hopeful about curbing butterfly losses. But, she warned,”we must be careful not to declare victory too soon.”

Reuters:

3 people like this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I have a truck bed full of soil and can only get 8 feet from where it needs to be....wheelbarrel time :)

1 person likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

I always call them wheeled burros.. like a jackass with wheels.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a dream this evening that my most precious ring my Laura gave me with the Elder Futhark runes broke. I woke up with that ring missing on my finger and I don't know where it is I'm so upset. I rang the pool hall but they haven't seen it. I messages my team and asked if they remember seeing me playing with a ring on my bridge hand. Nope. They don't remember. -sigh- that ring meant so much to me too. I know it was a little loose as I've lost touch of weight that's now touched my hands but id never had it fall off unintentionally before.

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I wish I good get my hand on good quality weed that isn't crazy strong. sometimes I would like to be able to smoke a big joint without being high out of my mind for the next 3 hours. kind of like a nice beer vs a nice whiskey. both are good, but at different times.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have a gut wrenching feeling that a ferociously washed my hands before pool and I feel as if my rig could have slipped off while I was frantically drying my hands with paper towel and I fear it's in the towel in a bin somewhere. =[

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wish I could get my hands on weed... period.

I lost my handmade copper Rune ring years ago... It's a bummer. Another one I made out of brass and copper I gave back to the gods on purpose.

I've been looking at some bronze ones out of Germany but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know where we got it from etc. I will buy another one for my birthday next month. It's just very upsetting. I loved that ring I looked and played with it every day and I feel so naked without it it's not funny. =[

This site looks cheap but everything I've got has been fantastic especially the horn and jewelry. I got my ring from here.

http://www.northworld-international.com/en

1 person likes this.
  9. eggsprog

Any chance it could have fallen off in the sink? You could ask the people at the pool hall if they could check the drain for it. Might be worth a shot?

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

think Ive a wheel bearing problem, got a going into warp speed sound..

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They said they'd look for me. I don't know about the chances though it was very busy last night but all pool players look out for one another so if it's found hopefully someone hands it in. But there was also the pub, then a rest stop. I just can't remember the last place I had it. But I only noticed when I woke up. Maybe I sleep walk? Such a coincidental dream to have. I damaged it and now it's gone. Hoping subconsciously I've put it somewhere safe.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My Laura says I should tattoo it on my finger. Lol.

13. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i made scrambled eggs with purslane and leftover brats. came out really good

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

louder when you turn left at highway speeds is usually a right bearing

louder when you turn right is usually a left bearing

i just cooked eggs too...just boiled another 18 for sticking in the fridge when im hungry..they make good snacks

might go thaw some chicken wings for later

2 people like this.
  15. deleted

deleted Visitor

shes pulling a little to the right but Ive not noticed anything when turning..

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Got the grill fired up... BBQ tonight.

1 person likes this.
  17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Apart From Washing The Car There Is No Better Way To Make It Rain...... :)

Cheers Glen.

18. eggsprog

well if you ever need someone to test it out for you...

3 people like this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My car at the moment pulls to the left. Think wheel alignment may be out a little bit. I think it's opposite side for road camber so definitely not alligned right. I might get that fixed if I don't buy my ranger in a couple of months. :D

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I hope it turns up Irm, hard when it is a sentimental value.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.