Update

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TipsyGypsy, Jun 28, 2016.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hang In There Tipsy, Methinks You Are Getting Closer To The Light At The End Of The Tunnel..........

And Hopefully It Won't Be An Oncoming Train...... :D

Cheers Glen.

2. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

i fucked up at work. it was all i had and now ive probably lost it.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We all fuck up sometimes. Certainly at work :) (I know I did :p) I hope the 'probably' turns out to be not so!

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuWXRZe9yA
    - You are Not alone
    "Tomorrow, is (always) another day"
    'Keep the Faith'

5. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

You're only 30, probably a woman.
    You don't say where you are or what's wrong, so it seems unlikely anyone can give you much in the way of support.

Been thinking about you (I care)
    Christian and gay...... I did the Christian thing, but you're not really meant to talk about your sexuality with them. So either ditch Christ, or keep quiet about bedroom stuff when you're with them.

Nothing to live for? I used to live in the UK, you're right it's cold wet dark and depressing. Why not forget the big picture and think of something little to look forward to. Tomorrow I'm going to have a mixed fruit smoothie at coffee time. There you go, something to look forward to. Maybe you prefer to think apple turnover with cream, or Starbucks frapucchino. It doesn't matter what it is, just something to look forward to tomorrow.

Works for me! I do it every day.

6. TipsyGypsy

People get to know me and always walk away. Doesn't matter what I do.

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

8. TipsyGypsy

not you

9. newbie-one

:sunny:

10. TipsyGypsy

So.... back in hospital.
    So many people just walked away from me.. so reason for it either.
    I give up this time.

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that you are back in the hospital. I think the key to changing our psychological state is changing our behavior. Link to article: http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/behavioral-activation-the-depression-therapy-youve-likely-never-heard-of/ar-AAkI3cf?li=BBnb7Kz I have a history of emotional growth. I've been seen by a psychologist (of course not the same psychologist) since I was very young. I was on Ritalin for ADD when I was in second grade. That's pretty young! But anyway, beyond traditional psychology I was also a student at an emotional growth school. It was a boarding school focused on emotional growth and behavior modification. There techniques were successful, but I don't intend to sell them to you. I did a lot of screaming and crying using their therapy methods. But why's that relevant to you? After all I was only there from 13 to 15 1/2.

Anyway, I think there's hope for you... :)

It's sad to hear that you find so much hopelessness. The path to happiness may be easier to implement than you think. Maybe if you try some different methods you will be a more happy camper. Anyway, happy Thanksgivng! and I hope this helps.

2 people like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I wish i knew what the key is. But i don't. Anyway, you're in my thoughts :)

13. newbie-one

Do you want to explain?

14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I recovered from deep in the hole of alcoholism, addiction and mental so called illness, I was bad. Hospitals and all that.

5 years of recovery. Its like it all was a bad dream now, I know I lived it but its like it happened to someone else.

I even have some drinks for fun sometimes, absolutely only if I know it is going to be a fun time, a real fun time, never to escape to push out stuff I don't want to feel.

The biggest mistake I always made in early recovery was to mistake how I felt in the beginning for a permanent condition and then just go back to my destructive ways. It takes time. I stayed pretty much completely sober for the first year, that I needed to do plus the end was so awful I was afraid to touch it. I never do drugs anymore.

Just don't get discouraged.

3 people like this.
  15. TipsyGypsy

not really.