Marijuana Reducing Violence

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by BongSolo, Jun 16, 2016.

1. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

I know this is like a sanctuary from all of the social and political frenzy going on right now but I was reading about whether or not marijuana can treat violent behavior enough to cut down gun violence and it just got me thinking about solutions instead of problems. I agree that the gun issue is too large to solve by throwing weed at it but if the DEA lifts the scheduling and we can start doing research, maybe there is something there? I'm not trying to make light of the situation or anything, I'm just pretty much looking anywhere for a solution.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

still cant walk into a store and buy cannabis.. but can walk into store and buy a killing machine gun. something really wrong with this country.

4 people like this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Weed is not going to help the type of person who decides to shoot random people in a public place.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

[​IMG]

The deep truthfulness of this statement is mind blowing. Then, what is worse (to me) is how many stupid inbred Rethuglican jackasses around here (SC) are thrilled and proud of that.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bud D

Bud D Member

how about cannabis and transcendental meditation. The latter has been promoted years ago to reduce violence but Bush Jr didn't find it Christian enough.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^ That's because he skipped Gen 1:29 :(

1 person likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You are acting like Bush Jr. actually knows how to read?

4 people like this.
  8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Recalling a George Carlin album and a skit about: marijuana "sweeping the neighborhood"

1 person likes this.
  9. BongSolo

BongSolo Members

I try to be peaceful but it's hard to find any sort of empathy or forgiveness for a mass shooter. I think that's definitely a point where I need to improve. I like the idea of figuring in transcendental meditation. I don't know a whole lot about it but I've had friend do work for the David Lynch Foundation.

10. morrow

morrow Visitor

No drug, will ever make violence better, because there will always be people reacting in a different way, with different needs and levels of tolerance.
    If made legal, those needs still need to be met!
    Does that make sense?
    Of course I only know the UK experience, where weed was down graded for a while, but it went mad for a while, so they upgraded it again!
    Seems a lot of violent crimes here involve weed, just saying.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think cannabis makes me a lot more calm and focused. Some people just want physical power over others and violence works into that at times. Seems it takes some sort of life style change and attitude adjustment along with the cannabis.

Just for the record I've never hurt anyone. Used to fight with my sisters as kids but they hurt me equally. Most of my life I've gotten my ass kicked by people that abuse their power status. Lot's of tokers use other drugs and wanna be players and gangsters. I've known people like that. They fight a lot of people and would fit in just fine at prison.

2 people like this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think marijuana can make you more tolerant of things that would ordinarily get a rise out of you. In that sense, I think it has potential to alleviate symptoms in a regularly agitated person, but with the side effect of them being high and therefore unable to work or drive anywhere.

1 person likes this.
  13. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

But it sure wont hurt!

1 person likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We all know what cannibas does to us and for those of us that enjoy it in a regular basis, habitual even, we know it isn't threatening.

This isn't the case for everyone though. I've seen people in states of psychosis from marijuana.

Just because one group of people are okay on it doesn't mean the next group of people will experience the same level of okay.

1 person likes this.