Movie You First Watched

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Irminsul, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Does anybody remember the first movie they may have watched, or at least the one you can remember.

These movies have always been in my heart as a child and I've some funny stories to go with, but for me I really remember as a child, first and foremost;

The Neverending Story. I watched that daily. Every time I was sick too, I was allowed to stay up and watch it. I believe it paved a huge portion of my life in terms of imagination and fantasy as well as holding cultural values close to my heart. This was a seed most definitely planted that sent Irminsul on her journey through life. I also had a crush on Atreyú >.< must be where I liked the look of long hair on man.

Conan. We'd always watch Conan but not just the movies, we had all the encyclopedias too and novels. Conan is someone who's also been in my heart a very long time and someone I was able to relate too in realms of gods etc.

Aliens: Lol. Now I gotta funny about this. I woke up one night frightened and full of fear, a nightmare probably. I went to the lounge room and daddy was still up watching tv so I watched tv with him. Asked if I had a bad dream and this would help. I remember the scene vividly where Nute falls into the water and was taken away by the alien. This is one scene, one of my earliest memories of a movie as a child.

Jungle Book. Just always a family favorite I remember watching with my sisters a lot. And yes, approaching 29 years of age you best believe I bust the Bear Necissities out all the time. :D

Predator: Must be something about Arnie I say. Probably because he was born in Austria with me, but Predator was also a very early child favorite of mine. I just loved the Jungle. I guess it bought me back to such tv shows as Tour of Duty and Vietnam movies my parents and grandaddy watched. We'd watch a lot of war and violence by the sounds of it. Lol. No other predator to me personally has ever come close to the original. They add all these new gizmo gadgets to the warrior and take away what he's good at, arm to arm combat. Now he comes with a spear and discs and all this other hokus pokus bullshit. He only needed a laser and a nasty claw in the original and was way more bad ass and to preferably one of the more attractive predators. A guy/alien with long hair. :D

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i couldn't possibly even guess at what my first movie was. i really don't remember much about my early childhood. and what i do remember is mostly just a quick flash of memory here or there, and i have no idea when those flashes occurred. so, using movies you already mentioned, i remember that i watched the neverending story and jungle book repeatedly back at the earliest general age i can remember. but i have no idea which i watched at what age, just that i saw them both when i was really young.

off the top of my head, other movies i remember from that blurry pre-memory period include an american tail, all dogs go to heaven, bedknobs and broomsticks, mary poppins, lady and the tramp, cinderalla, sleeping beauty, the land before time, the sword in the stone... and that's all i can think of at the moment. i'm sure there were plenty more.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i have to also choose nope.

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I don't remember the FIRST movie I ever saw, but I remember the FIRST movie that made an impact on me...

THE CRAWLING EYE

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I also recall watching a movie with my daddy again and I remember a blonde lady and a man that was walking around naked.

If I put two and two together im left with Universal Soldier. The naked man from behind in any case, memory burn.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

The Omen 1976

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Some the memories I have of movies would be from the Drive In ..

Night Of The Living Dead 1968.
    Jaws 1975
    The Car 1977
    Smokey and The Bandit 1977
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind 1977
    The Muppet Movie 1979

Mustard Tiger and Irminsul like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Jungle Book, Dumbo, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Snow White, the Little Mermaid, the Land Before Time, Lady and the Tramp, Honey I Shrunk the Kids

All of these movies are still so good to me

Edit: i forgot to mention Nightmare on Elm Street. I snuck into my sister's room room when I was 4 and watched it with her it caused long lasting psychological damage. I checked under my bed every night until I was 18.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    2 people like this.
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my godmother brought me to the movies to see the fox and the hound for one of my early birthdays

early drive in i remember flash gordon.....,et......,tootsie ///last drive in movie i saw was robin hood the one with kevin costner and bryan adams song

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

First movie I remember is Brave Little Toaster.

Looking back, the imagery in that film for a kid's movie is quite scary.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

The first I remember is Fantasia. I watched it repeatedly.

The "Night on Bald Mountain" scene always freaked me out.

Or was it Hall of the Mountain King?

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes Freddy Kruger also freaked me out and what was worse is we had stairs leading to our bedrooms and I remember the scene vividly where the girl runs up the stairs and like melts into them like quick sand. You think I wanted to go up them stairs to bed??? :D

Also, not a movie, but Unsolved Mysteries music and theat guy fucking scared me too except the more I watch the old shows now, it's all missing people and I remember it being more like ghosts etc.

1 person likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And I also remember Tremors and not wanting to step on the earth in case something would eat me. Lol. And the Goonies, well I remember being frightened for some reason.

Also Jaws and Jaws Revenge and Indiana Jones 2 and 3 we watched a lot as kids.

15. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Dark Crystal was most likely the 1st when I was young.

16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

No, probably something from the 30's or 40's on Dialing for Dollars....the same show Janis Joplin mentioned was trying to reach her in her Mercedes Benz song.

At the theater I can remember:
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People (59) - Sean Connery's first big role and it has been described as Disney's best movie ever.
    The Shaggy Dog (59)
    The Absent-Minded Professor (61)
    The Parent Trap (61)

Journey to the Center of the Earth (59)
    The Blob (58) - Steve McQueen first big role.

Stuff like that.

I also remember The H Man, really scary stuff back in 1958:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Saw plenty of movies on TV as a kid but if you’re referring to the movie theatre

Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan
    Rocky III
    Firefox
    E.T.
    Krull
    Wargames
    Star Wars – Episode VI – The Return of the Jedi
    Testament (to witness the horrors of nuclear war)

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Movie theatre. I can't even remember what movie I saw first...

I do not think I am correct, but Beauty & The Beast from Disney, I remember seeing that when I was quite young. Twice in fact as I loved it so much I had to see it again with my cousin and I remember this part vividly. We had the biggest box of popcorn ever and all the other children went "woaahhhh!!!" When we walked in with it. Lol. :D

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

ET, you know... You're probably on to something there.

20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

The first movie I went to see at a theater was The Sound of Music. I didn't really understand about the Nazis and all that but I knew they all had to get away or they would be killed! (or that was my understanding)

To this day, I watch it every other year or so for the beautiful music, and the incomparable Julie Andrews.

I'm pretty certain the 1st movie I saw on tv was the Wizard of Oz. Those flying monkeys still creep me out. lol