Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

How Do Cultures Create Good Music Without Reading Music?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 10onpump7

10onpump7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted January 04 2017 - 05:34 AM

first thought is this is a stupid ignorant comment....

second thought is (oh yeah i remember all those arguments i had with my friend who talked about how complex his music was and how punk is 3 chords, and i would argue, yeah but the three chords sound better than all the work your complex writing has brought to music)

i think there is a spot for both but for this thread your answer works pretty fucking perfectly.

Considering people prefer music with a tempo ranging from 70 to 100 bpm it isnt ignorant at all. a resting heart rate beats the ideal tempo to base a song from. in fact its where music originated, way before there where language, music was a way of communicating. i dont know if you are trying to be condescending or not, and dont really care. but if you are denying that music come from the heart. you are just plain wrong.

Edited by 10onpump7, January 04 2017 - 05:36 AM.

-Hireath-

#32 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 10,611 posts

Posted January 04 2017 - 09:46 AM

Considering people prefer music with a tempo ranging from 70 to 100 bpm it isnt ignorant at all. a resting heart rate beats the ideal tempo to base a song from. in fact its where music originated, way before there where language, music was a way of communicating. i dont know if you are trying to be condescending or not, and dont really care. but if you are denying that music come from the heart. you are just plain wrong.

clearly you missed what i said

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.