Microsoft Tracks Down Windows 7 And 8 Pirates;files Lawsuits

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Dude111, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsoft-tracks-down-windows-7-and-8-pirates-files-lawsuits-504863.shtml

FILING LAWSUITS??

They have alot of nerve... HOW ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THIER COMPUTERS HIJACKED TO SPYING 10 W/O THIER CONSENT??

EVERYONE SHOULD SUE THEM!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Link is not working.

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

But you're running win 98 and are probably so infected with malware that half the malicious hackers in the world know your business, so what do you care.
    It will be at least another 10-15 years before you upgrade to Win 10, so what you so angry 'bout?

also it's little different when it's a business selling many 1,000's of illegal copies and not some average kid who is using it for gaming.

kinda like the difference between shoplifting a soda or stealing the Coca~Cola double trailer delivery truck.

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

No kidding!

Windows has been driving me fucking nuts with their invasive Windows 10 download, which was actually DOWNLOADED TO MY LAPTOP WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

If I didn't hate Apple so fucking much, I'd switch.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

it will download the image as an update, but it isn't going to install it without you initiating the install.
    so if got installed on your machine, you or someone else clicked an icon and said "Yes" somewhere along the line.

6. Ashalicious

It didn't get installed to my machine, but it was still downloaded to my machine without my permission, which is invasive and unethical, in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

that I agree with considering it's huge.
    yup, it downloads it as an update and then you have to install.
    I think I have three different downloads of it and still haven't bothered installing it. Gonna have to at least do a dummy install and register my copy and then re-install later on my actual 'puter.

8. Ashalicious

I know a few people who lost everything after downloading W10. I don't have any problems with my current operating system, and do not see the need to upgrade to W10 at this time.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

everyone should sue the OP.

3 people like this.
  10. lode

lode Banned

So I'm a linux guy, but 1000 copies? That isn't some guy who had to reinstall. He was probably selling computers second hand, and used one key for all of them. That's over $100,000 of software.

11. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Hackintosh is your answer.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

So you feel like you're slipping through the cracks on account of a policy that allows Microsoft to read into your browsing habits? I suppose can understand that.

13. Dude111

Hmmmm I just tried it and it loads fine bud....

You know what I mean guys??

Microsoft SHOULD JUST BE GLAD NO ONE IS SUING FOR THIS!!! (Instead worrying of what others are doing)

I have read a couple ppl are trying to sue....

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Win 10 free update is ending next month (July 29th). I wonder if the nag will then disappear for those who don't want it?

For me, I am upgrading all my PC's with Win7 and 8 keys. ONLY because I have plenty of extra hard drives for fresh Win10 installs to experiment with and I can easily switch between OS's.

I think they only go after business that sell systems with pirate OS's installed. I wonder if it is legal to sell a used PC with an un-activated OS that has the activate nag screen, advertised as "no Key OS" or "demo OS only", or something like that? I can't see why not f you're not being dishonest.

15. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

People are still using Windows? No one I know.

1 person likes this.
  16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

You can install 10 on a separate partition along side 7, I did that on one of my desktops so that I'd be able to keep 7 but I can't remember how..no wait...it was 98 and 7 cause I have an old plotter that needs 98. I haven't turned it on for a few months so I forget.

You'll get a boot window something like this:

[​IMG]

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The new boot menu is pretty horrible. Takes longer and instead of just continuing to boot into Win7, it shits itself and reboots the PC before booting because smooth moves are not part of their repertoire.

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC_T5mvuguw

1 person likes this.
  19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I haven't received a lawsuit .. i feel left out :/

20. Dude111

Ah man!!