King Tut's Dagger Is From Outer Space

Discussion in 'History' started by Aerianne, Jun 1, 2016.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Ok, I see it now! Yeah, that could be an elephant or something else with tusks.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The sheath on the gold knife shows a hunting scene... Jackals being used to bring down larger animals.

By far I would say the craftsmanship on the gold knife far exceeds that on the iron knife. One may be considerably older, passed down through the generations.

4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think the lapis lazulli inlay work in the handle is just beautiful.

5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I would say the gold knife work would rival anything made by the great knifemakers of Shefield England and Solingen Germany. The lapis lazulli in the handle curves all the way around.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I have one of those Guys I brought Back from Egypt !!
    [​IMG]

And one of these guys (think its a Cat God )
    [​IMG]

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Looks to be Anubis and Sekhmet.

Nice!

9. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

[​IMG]

Cool
    I got a few Bits From over there !
    I like This one [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

using stuff from meteorites, isn't "proof of anything" other then that someone found and used them.
    while i've no doubt that many stars have planets orbiting them, and many of those that do, have one or more orbiting in the zone where water is able to be liquid, and thus likely to support familiar stratigies of life,
    the insistence on making a big deal out of everything remotely unusual, often on the part of people who's perspective on unusualness is that its somehow wrong or scarry, never ceases to amaze me.
    i do of course, appreciate ancient egypt's sanctification of anthropomorphism. and the craftspersonship it inspired.
    what's really messed up though, is that a person living in egypt today, cannot legally identify themselves as a follower of its ancient beliefs.
    (or anything other then islamist, christian, or jew. not even athiest or buddhist or anything. baha'i, shinto, sikh, anything.)
    unless they've changed that more recently then i've heard about, which i somehow doubt.

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's proof that someone figured out how to shape that blade long before the "Iron Age"... Long before anyone else had the technology to heat iron to a temperature high enough to make it malleable. That person would also need a hammer and an anvil also made of iron to do the shaping, besides the forge hot enough to heat the blade.... (kind of a "chicken or egg" paradox)

At the time of "Tut's" existence these guys were stuck firmly in the "Bronze Age"..... There in lies the mystery.

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

to the contrary, furnaces that could have heated iron enough to soften it for working, have been found, made by people with no idea of the temperatures they reached to do so, and even un or minimally worked stone makes a perfectly adiquite anvil and even hammer.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgTPH5y1-ZI

Hotwater

1 person likes this.