Cell Phone With A Keypad That Has The Ability To Act As A Mobile Hotspot?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Ash Ketchum, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Ash Ketchum

Ash Ketchum Members

Hello, my PokéGear is playing up at the moment, frequently loosing coverage and needing a reboot to recuperate. This is very annoying. I am considering a new mobile phone instead of getting it fixed. I don't need a smart phone, and would prefer an older style model that has the classic twelve button number pad. I know that these phones still exist, but they seem to be made to cater toward 'older people'. This phrasing seems to be just a way to justify lower spec hardware and less features, but with the benefit of a lower price. I am not picky about price personally, but i do want the classic buttons plus the ability to turn it into a mobile hotspot.
    Does anyone know of a cellphone that has both these qualities?

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Many cellphones have hotspot, if not then there is an app for that ..blackberry about the closest you can get to old keypad

3. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I used this for a while (it's exactly what you're looking for... Capable of being used as a mobile hotspot... This from 7/11 in Canada, although I'm sure the states have something similar, if that's where you are...): http://www.speakout7eleven.ca/prepaid-cellphones/alcatel-a392a

It became a hassle and was in general a very shitty phone. I ended up getting a new Android phone for free with a $35 a month plan that hasn't let me down. I don't use Facebook or anything like that so the minimal data plan works out great. I'm not a fan of the over-usage of smartphones (being constantly glued to the damn thing), however, they can make travelling/quick look-ups all the easier.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ash Ketchum

Ash Ketchum Members

Dude, that phone doesn't even have the ability to connect to wifi, let alone, make a hotspot. I don't know what Pokemon you're getting your acid from, but you should leave it alone and reserve it for battles. I just wasted twenty minutes following up your false lead.

5. Ash Ketchum

Ash Ketchum Members

Hi everyone, just in case anyone stumbles upon this thread looking for a similar type phone, i opted for the retro Nokia N95. I'm now awaiting it in the mail, so hopefully it'll suit my needs.

Thanks for the thoughts, Orison and Quark. :)