Thoughts On Barebottom Shoes?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Hornyhornet89, May 29, 2016.

1. Hornyhornet89

Hornyhornet89 Members

I'm wanting to start going barefoot more often, but I don't want to get crap whenever I try to go into a store or restaurant. I've been thinking about getting a pair of barebottoms shoes (http://barebottomshoes.com/product/barebottom-amphibious-neoprene-shoe-men/) and was wondering what your guys' thoughts were. From what I can tell, these look like a good way of avoiding confrontation while still remaining barefoot. Thoughts? Are these worth buying or should I try to make these myself?

2. quark

quark Parts Unknown

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

What's the point?
    $25 for a couple pieces of neo-prene, Barnum was right, one's born every day.
    the only thing those look practical for is spending a day at the pool/beach and not getting the top of your foot sunburned, beyond that, they look pretty lame. there must be a better solution.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I agree with NoxiousGas. These might be better.

[​IMG]

Though I have tried something similar on in a store and found that they weren't that comfortable for my feet. I guess my toes weren't spaced out right or something because they fit really weird on my feet.

5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Those don't really look like shoes in my opinon. I don't think anyone will be fooled into thinking you have shoes on. I have something sort of similar called nufoot shoes though. They just cover the entire foot. I still feel like I am barefoot, since the bottom is so thin.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i feel like you're not remaining barefoot if there's something on your feet.

1 person likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I've never spent any money on anything like that, I just don't always stop wearing my favorite pairs of shoes when the soles wear out. The soles on dressy and casual flats tend to be thin and wear out quickly.

1 person likes this.
  9. charlie35

charlie35 Member

When I must wear something it's my years old flip flops. I deliberately chose the thinnest soled ones I could find in the first place, now I can almost touch the ground through them, especially through the massive holes in the heels.

10. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I'm not sure how much fooling they do but some of them look pretty good. They are easy to make and can range from relatively simple to rather ornate. How much time money and effort you want to spend on them is up to you. I have made a very basic pair out of leather cord and a few knots but I'm a guy and not into fancy stuff.

11. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

_20150714_200951.JPG

These are what I wear if I need to be seen wearing shoes. A pair of cheapy plimsolls/ pumps and cut the soles out. Total cost £3.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

Bare bottom shoes, you made me cry
    I don't want to lose this feeling
    And if I could choose a place to die
    It would be in your arms..

14. Hornyhornet89

Hornyhornet89 Members

I like your idea, Rol. I'll probably give it a try. Any particular show you recommend for that?

15. oyama79

oyama79 Members

Frankly, I think such products are crap itself.

Maybe we do not need to hide we are barefoot. Zero-shoes option is equal to any other kind of footwear. Camouflaging means we are doing something wrong what is not true. It is only some people there who do not like our choice.

Some people do not like orange ice-cream. Would you mask your ice-cream because random guy says "ew" ?
    Usually you're not allowed to enter stores with ice cream ;)

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so basically, the answer is to put ice cream on your feet.