Zookeepers Killed Gorilla In Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Aerianne, May 29, 2016.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

lmao at the rubber bullets

thats like throwing rocks at a hungry bear

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

1 person likes this.
  3. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

We've decided, as a species, that not only do we have the right to use whatever land we want on the planet as we see fit, but we also have the right to all the other species out there to use as we see fit. We've decided that we have the right to display a giant creature who nearly matches us in intelligence, and completely outweighs us in strength, and not only that, but we have the right to view that animal as up close and unconstrained as possible, such that a regular FOUR YEAR OLD could enter the area. It's such bizarre hubris.

2 people like this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, just no...You want to end your life and jump into a lion's den nude....then good-bye to you....Lions should not been killed. That is so wrong....so wrong.....

5. Moonglow181

I would like to know how little Isaah fell 3 stories into the pit with harambe in the first place? I cannot find it anywhere. i did read where it was a miracle he even survived the fall of that.

He was pretty calm in the video...just gazing into Harambe's eyes. he won my heart, too. Special little child.

6. Moonglow181

:bigcry:

again....:(

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

3 stories?, that's about 30 feet
    no, it was only 15 feet and I may be wrong, but I believe he landed in the moat/water.

having raised 6 children, I can completely understand how a 3-4 year old can slip away and get into seemingly impossible spaces. ;)
    it was terrible tragedy, why the need to place blame?
    everyone who is in a position to actually affix blame in this situation have completely exonerated the parents.
    it was simply a terrible event.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

as far as being calm, the poor kid was probably catatonic with fear.

9. Moonglow181

Not blaming. I am just trying to make sense of this tragedy. I am miserable that it has happened in the first place, and go between bouts of anger and sadness and tears and more tears and more tears. If all of the facts are in about any tragedy...one can learn , hopefully, so it never happens again......and try to make some kind of sense out of the senseless......

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

one other factor to consider is that Isaiah was not the gorilla's kid, as far as Harambi was concerned, it was a male infant from some other group encroaching on his territory.
    prime candidate for being displayed, beaten down and possibly killed.
    remember, it was still a "wild" animal acting on instinct.

primates killing their infants is a very common occurrence
    why folks think this 400lb silverback with his female harem was going to accept another unknown male into the territory is beyond me.
    as the expert aerianne quoted mentioned, all his behaviors indicated that it was not going to end well for Isaiah.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Dragging young around on the ground is not the way a gorilla cares for it's young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in2vhatyeZU

12. Moonglow181

Cute fiesty baby gorilla! lol

No, the mother was not dragging him/her around, but another gorilla was.....so it seems other gorillas do that...The mother was there to watch over it and protect it, though.