My New Favorite Conspiracy Theory!

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Eleven, May 25, 2016.

1. Eleven

Eleven Member

1 person likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The previous articles I've read on this conspiracy were based on crude speculation and loose associations. Based on that, I'm not going to entertain the article, however if you care to pull up and analyze specific parts of the article that seem convincing for discussion, I may find that more interesting.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

As the article states, two people associated with the Grateful Dead -- lyricist Robert Hunter, and Ken Kesey, whose Merry Pranksters were featured at many of the Grateful Dead's early shows -- were both employee's of the CIAs MK-ULTRA program. And clearly the CIA was heavily involved in the promotion of LSD. Also mentioned in the article are the three CIA "safe houses" in the Haight-Ashbury district where they would give LSD to unsuspecting people, then observe their reactions to the drug. There were several people who were part of the hippy counter-culture who were also closely linked to the CIA.

MY opinion is that the hippy movement was created and promoted by the very system the hippy movement thought they were railing against. It's a simple fact that it would have never became popular had it not been for the media and record companies, all of which are part of the establishment.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

[​IMG]
    what a silly conglomeration of disparet events.....LOL

honestly, the guy/article really takes a nosedive in the credibility department when he talks about McKenna's "Timewave Zero" bullshit as if it is solid confirmed science...LOL
    give me a fucking break.
    just as lame as most conspiracy theories

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Terence McKenna lost all credibility on December 22, 2012 when nothing happened on the 21st.

Some of his staunchest supporters will argue the self-transforming machine elves he met through psychedelic drug use we’re just trippin’ [​IMG]

Hotwater

7. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

I was these earlier this week. Lol. I feel you on the MK-Ultra.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't see how or why, if anything, having lived through the time in question from before its beginning, if corporate media, and corporatetocracy's opposition were an act, it was a hell of a convincing one to me.

no. the REAL conspiracy of our time, is that of the corporate right, to end democracy on earth forever, and replace it with their own brand of feudalism.
    i'm not saying governments are sweatharts either, but all this rightwing, hate the government horshit, that's where its coming from.
    the idea that markets and geed can give you a more gratifying world then consent of the governed, is the biggest big lie of all time.

(and even if everything were to swing that way, nature would still be saying no, and more then saying. the limits of resources and the process of their renewal are real and immutable.)

1 person likes this.
  9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The machine elves were undercover CIA.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't see where people think the dead were the movement. first it wasn't a movement, it was a life style, and second the dead were just one of its many sideshows.
    sure, lots of branches of government and industry both planted moles all over the place. even the moles didn't all have the same agenda.
    (and a lot of them got turned on, tuned in, and dropped out!)
    but they had nothing to do with beginning or ending anything. they were there to hamper its political effectiveness.
    they weren't very effective in doing so. we could have accomplished more sooner without them.
    maybe. but they really weren't that big of a factor. not even the whole greateful dead phenomina were.
    kennidy, king, the philmore's east and west, all bigger then the dead.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That seems a bit absurd, the CIA and powers that be are just contacting the elves.

http://youtu.be/6KalX0MJ5hQ

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

It does seem absurd. But perhaps no more absurd than the idea that the CIA were behind the Grateful Dead and the rest of the hippies.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

lots of people loved the dead, lost of people thought highly of them, but they weren't the center of the hippie universe, for the simple but apparently forgotten reason, that there was no such thing as a center of it.

people wanting to bash everything that might be simple or innocent, because they don't want anyone to believe it is possible for anything to be simple or innocent, i believe that to be a conspiracy of right wing talk radio.

machine elves, alien space lizzards, someone saw a movie, because they were too lazy to read a book. if they had, they would be able to come up with far wilder and more interesting kinds of bullshit.

but of course they don't care about wide possibilities, they just want everyone to be scared of everything that isn't them.

which of course is what out to make THEM scarrier, then any space lizzards, cia flunkies, or mechanical elves.

1 person likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. Eleven

Eleven Member

OMG, I cannot disagree or put down Pressed Rat's words. A pat on the back, my rodent nemesis. :)

16. Eleven

Eleven Member

You left out a possibility: those attracted to the scene were self-defeating types.

Tags: