Ghostbusters (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Fueled by Coffee, May 24, 2016.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

In case you haven't heard, a new Ghostbusters movie is coming out this year. No, it's not ghostbusters 3. Does it pay homage to the original? Well, I saw the trailer, and I'm gonna say no. Apparently it's an all new cast and storyline with female characters. And the original ghostbusters cast will be there as cameos, not their original characters. To add insult to injury, the CGI effects look horrible, like Scooby Doo Movie horrible. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't call it the SAME title as the 1984 Ghostbusters movie. This is a shameless attempt to cash in on a famous franchise while putting together a half-baked script and lazy screenplay.

At least the trailer has more than 850,000 dislikes on YouTube, in contrast to the 200,000 likes. Even though I think the 200,000 likes are from contrarian trolls who are screwing with the data for the lulz.

I occasionally like to amuse myself by watching horrible movies to laugh at the desperation and laziness that went into it. But I cannot and will not ever see this movie because it goes against everything I believe in.

1 person likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, all last summer they were filming the movie around the Boston Area

It probably sucks but I’m going to see it anyway just to see if i can identify the locations

Hotwater

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

IMO, many movies should be one offs and left at that. The 1st Rocky, the first Jaws, and I suppose the 1st Ghostbusters. They were enjoyable and in the realm of classics, but some of these Hollywood producers have to milk an idea for all it's worth. It's a wonder Grapes of Wrath, Catch 22 and other classics haven't been remade.

And while I'm at it--how in the world does constantly blowing shit up in movie after movie satisfy peoples tastes in the art of making movies? That's all it takes to bring people in?
    It has been said that the musicals that began in the 40s were diversions from the bad business of the great depression--people needed to suspend their systems of belief for a time, in light hearted entertainment because of the harsh realities of every day life. I can see that, but what does it mean that now it's almost mandatory to blow shit up, kill mass amounts of people and depend on that weak shit for a story line? This reflects modern, daily life instead of providing the escape from it. Indicative of where we've allowed ourselves to be led, I guess. "we just provide what the public wants," they bleat. And mores the pity. IMO.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I doubt i will see it, I am tired of movie franchises.

5. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

I was excited when I first heard about a new Ghostbusters movie in the works. Then those trailers came out. I did nothing but cringe my way through both trailers.... I am definitely passing on this movie.

6. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

I think we are supposed to not like one of the characters. The character seems intended to be dislikeable. Get around her, and the movie might be something worth your while.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Not worth seeing..... Piece of garbage Hotwater,dont waste your time sweetie....

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

What about the new Bourne movie? Any interest in seeing that?

1 person likes this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's a yes here.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i didnt like the first ones at all....but i like the fat funny chick so maybe ill watch this new one (but only online for free)

11. deepwoods

deepwoods Members

I have no interest in ghostbusters but i do want to see bourne.

12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

A movie can have a good trailer and still suck. But if they can't even come up with 30 seconds of film to make it look good, you know it's got to suck.

1 person likes this.
  13. hotwater

[SIZE=11pt]Thanks for the warning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Hotwater[/SIZE]

14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I've read a handful of reviews of the new ghostbusters remake. Now I'm curious to see it.

But I don't want to give any money to this movie at all! In fact, I'm hoping this movie's profits don't even break even, resulting in a net loss. So I think I may pirate the movie or stream it for free somehow.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There's too much competition at the moment anyway.

Star trek, Bourne, even the Absolutely Fabulous movie I wanna see before this one.

Never got McCarthy or why Bridesmaids was funny, shes shitting in a sink, and that's supposed to be funny????

17. hotwater

I assumed the poster was a girl [​IMG]

Hotwater

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I havent seen any of them. I dont really bother with most movies, i always thought my mom was weird growing up because she always said movies were 2 hours of her life she couldnt get back, but I guess i've inherited that mentality. I mostly only watch old black and white films and Judd Apatow movies these days lol.

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I thought this was going to be possibly the worst movie ever made but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last battle scene was over the top and ruined the movie for me, but everything beforehand I really enjoyed and since I was a fan of the original, it was fun to see a new story but keep true to the original in a sense too. :)

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I noticed the original Ghostbusters didn't age well at all. Guess this franchise is just not for me in the first place.

For some people shitting in the sink is not a normal thing, so then the absurdity of it is supposed to make it funny.