Fat Shaming

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by TheSamantha, May 19, 2016.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Go on YouTube and look up any fat acceptance video. Wallow in the depravity and shamelessness of the hypercritical comments.

WTF is wrong with people? Why fat shame?

Common sense would tell you that doesn't help! It just makes people who emotionally overeat want to turn to comfort food even more. Duh.

Some of these people have the unremitting nerve to call themselves libertarians. They obviously just call themselves that because it sounds saucy.

Real libertarians are live and let live. They don't give a f**k about you. You can do whatever you want, as long as you don't infringe on anyone else's right to do whatever they want. So if you want to pig out and balloon into obesity, be my guest. If you want to do drugs, fine, that's on you.

Also, I'm sure weight has nothing to do with health. I have seen fat yoga instructors. Some people eat healthy and exercise, but never lose weight. Of this I'm certain. People aren't all meant to be skinny. It's not genetically possible.

Fat used to be desirable during times of famine. Now, thinness signals ability to afford expensive food and having leisure time to exercise. Does that sound fair to you? Do you still support fat shaming?

What if you're a mother of five??

What if you're poor and therefore can only afford fast food?? Apples are cheap but they don't cut through hunger!

1 person likes this.
  2. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

Whatever the excuse may be, being way overweight is not healthy and should not be celebrated or seen as good when it's just the opposite.

1 person likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Becuase it doesnt look good

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would never fat shame someone (although I gotta tell ya, i have to bite my tongue when my overweight coworker talks about doubling up on her diabetes medication so she can eat sweets) but I dont think it helps anyone to deny that being obese can lead to various health problems.

Skinny people can be unhealthy too, overall I think the focus should be on healthy eating and exercise rather than what the scale says

3 people like this.
  5. morrow

morrow Visitor

Melia, ask your co worker, does she understand her medication, or her diabetes, because obviously she doesn't!
    Oh and let's not forget, not all diabetic people, are fat!

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I agree. We make fatness a moral issue, but it shouldn't be.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i do generally love to wallow in depravity and shamelessness. maybe i'll check out those comments later.

one of the prettiest women i know is a mother of five. i suppose she might still have a few extra pounds on her belly, but not enough that you would ever notice unless you were checking her out (which obviously is how i noticed).

fast food isn't really all that cheap anymore. there's much cheaper ways to go. and you can still lose weight on fast food if you don't eat so much of it. it's harder than if you eat healthy, but it can be done. and apples totally cut through hunger. i think apples are one of the most filling fruits.

8. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Fat shaming. Skinny shaming. Both you groups need to stop complaining about 'woe is my life' as a fat person, or skinny, stop putting each other down, and just do your own thing. This is not your life. This is not your body. So, back the fuck off.