Where Are You Going To Be Buried?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Bud D, May 18, 2016.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I want to be stuffed, big grin on my mug, cigar in one hand, beer in the other with an interior mechanism that when activated would allow a recording of my voice to say--"you got insurance motherfucker?" ---when a chain is pulled. Provide some entertainment for those left behind. Always leave em' laffin'! Probably not legal.

I can't imagine being 6 feet under in a box contained within another cement box! No way. I'll just have em' burn me up, I guess.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My ex use to say he was going to have me stuffed. He'd say it in front of my little kids. Nobody thought it was funny but him.

It still gives me the creeps.

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm a big time claustraphobe, and even though I'd be dead----I'm not having it. Just the thought of it creeps me out!!

4. Aerianne

I am too!

It must be our shared birthday.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Cremation but I’d like to have at least some of my cells preserved until such time that cloning becomes commonplace and I’m resurrected .

BTW Someone once purposed that if the Shroud of Turin was genuine it might be possible to resurrect Christ from just a few cells, so Instead of Jurassic Park you could have a Jesus Park where dozens of Christ-like figures would spread the words of God and perform miracles [​IMG]

Hotwater

6. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Would love for this to happen to my corpse.

https://youtu.be/fHkZZNlxLzo

I used to always say I would donate my body to science but they are quite selective.

1 person likes this.
  7. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Being buried in the ground seems so 19th Century to me.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yeah, I want to be shot into the sun.

Fuck the expenses.

9. Aerianne

Hubby saw some youtube or something where a shooting enthusiast's cremains were packed into shells and his family and friends fired them over wherever it was that he had asked them to.

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

A number of people have been shot into space including Gene Roddenberry and James Doohan both of Star Trek fame, and Timothy Leary are in Earth orbit.
    Dr. Eugene Shoemaker's ashes are buried on the Moon.
    Clyde Tombaugh is on his way out of the solar system.

I'm getting cremated, all taken care of, one phone call and away I go, all paid for no worries for the kids.

1 person likes this.
  11. Aerianne

Pre-planning, pre-paid is an awesome thing to do for your kids.

My parents were able to do that.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My dad donated his body to medical science and was cremated. We got the ashes. between my brother and I, his ashes were scattered everywhere, including in Finland. He took care of everything in his living will.....Decisions were already made. My mom said most of her life that she wanted to be cremated....no donating her body, though....but the last year she was alive, I kept hearing, just wrap me in a white sheet and put me in the ground...no box, or embalm-ment......
    When she died, my brother and i were of course, in terrible shock, and had to make snap decisions the day we heard, so we had her cremated. I have her ashes all intact here, still.
    My brother regretted that decision, afterwards. We did not realize there were places to bury people in a simple white sheet.......but we both concluded finally, it really does not matter, anyway...One day, the entire planet is going to be cremated anyway.

I, of course, am not or was not the type to seriously sit down with her or anyone to have a serious discussion about it. I would say things like..."Stop"...."you are not going to die"..."Let's not talk like that.."...etc....

13. Aerianne

My parents went to the funeral home and did the whole spiel with them.

Later my mom had me go and see what caskets they'd chosen so the funeral home wouldn't try to put them in cheaper ones...Yeah, my mom was like that...alot...about everything.

Anyway, I was glad they'd dealt with it but I didn't enjoy the casket shopping room.

1 person likes this.
  14. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Made a will to be cremated many years ago. Forgot where i put it.

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

never really thought about it by im pretty sure my family knows my stance on the local funeral parlour family and dont give them one cent of their (or my) money.....i want the cheapest cremation possible...cardboard box is fine...and then i hope they pick a nice spot to scatter ashes or bury them and plant a tree ...hopefully far back in the bush where it will be a millenia before civilization build condos

16. I'm banking on eternal life. But if I do die hopefully there will be some kind of mixup and I am dumped into an unmarked grave. I want the unmarked grave, but I also want a regular plot where people can pay their respects, even though my body won't be there.

My dad actually wanted us to put his ashes in restaurants' pepper shakers. He was also a health inspector. What the hell.

3 people like this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i hope my living self, isn't disposed of at all. my remains when the no longer host my ghost.
    don't know. don't care. probably wouldn't get what i want if i did.
    i don't think either of my parents nor my wife got what they wanted and there wasn't really a damd thing i could afford to do about it.
    having been in the military, and leaving no hiers or assigns,
    i expect my remains will probably be creamated, and stashed in some niche in the nearest military cemitary that has some place to stuff them.
    which really, i have no problem with whatever is done with them. if my ghost is in another shell by then, or wandering around some where,
    i really seriously don't expect to be affected in any way by what is done with the leftovers of my current host/shell.

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Muslims do that. White cloth (and/or green islamic flag), and that's that.

http://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/600x600p/photos.demandstudios.com/getty/article/3/55/109091356.jpg

I don't like small spaces, and I know it doesn't matter when you're dead lol, but the mere thought of a coffin makes me shiver. I'd much rather do the cloth thing, be covered with soil, and finito.
    I don't want one of those kitschy gravestones that people get for their loved ones these days...I'd like a simple cross only.

Edit: and as for where...you get buried where your husband is from. If I don't get married I'll be buried wherever I live, or back in my village, if someone arranges and pays for that, transport and all.
    I don't think or worry too much about these things, what happens will happen, and it matters very little.
    But as I said...I really wouldn't like a coffin. I liked to be free all my life, so smybolically I'd like to be buried that way too. As silly as that sounds.

1 person likes this.
  19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I imagine I will be buried in a coffin at a cemetery. I will have a headstone and a grave. I don't know if it will be close to where my family is or will be buried. I don't know where it will be.

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My thinking has always been, if a bear here gets me and eats me...do not kill it. It would be a waste of both of our lives.......so he shits me out....ah, well.....fertilizer then......
    I really do not know about any plans. Stan has his own family plot, and i am not going there......Dust in the wind...or bury me in a white sheet on my property....but cannot do that I guess according to US laws....so I guess dust in the wind over the ocean.