Thanks Obama

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 3, 2016.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Over this past weekend I racked up $500 in ER copays. I have yet to see the rest of what I am going to have to pay. I went to the ER Saturday morning in extreme pain, then went back Sunday for a followup that was mentioned in the paperwork I was given Saturday. I was assuming the followup was included in the cost of the original copay, but no. I had to pay an additional $250 copay out of pocket simply for them to write me a prescription for five fucking Norco and Ativan. The receptionist told me they used to waive the copay for 24 hour followups, but no longer do "because of the insurance companies." In other words, because of Obamacare. Gotta pay for all the unemployed scumbags who shit out kids one after the other.

I swear, in America it pays to simply do nothing, leech off the system, pop out a bunch of kids, and survive on the dole of taxpayers as opposed to actually work.

1 person likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Hope you're feeling better.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Actually.... No. It's because of the insurance companies.

2 people like this.
  4. Pressed_Rat

Yes, you are welcome for the free healthcare, Tyrson. Glad I could be of assistance.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

make america great again

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Healthcare doesn't exist... Wealthcare on the other hand is out of control.

Where do you get the idea my healthcare is free?

4 people like this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sorry i don't see what obama had to do with the insurance industry that was running the show before,
    and the compromise that so called conservatism forces, was to keep the insurance industry running it.

don't blame someone who may have wanted to fix the system, for the system making him look bad to keep from being fixed.

that IS the 'political right's usual tactic. also don't forget, 'obamacare' is 'romnycare'.

sure any attempt to fix anything can be manuvered into making it worse, and the fat fingers of politics usually do.

the more so, a politics that has already been usurped by economic feudalism.

4 people like this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Do you genuinely believe those people are happy living off the public dole, that they have no self-respect, no honor, and believe they are entitled to receive benefits rather than work to improve their lives?

Hotwater

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I hear you. I really do. Healthcare sucks.

But i dont get why you are falling into the trap of blaming the poorest and most disenfrachised?

1 person likes this.
  10. Pressed_Rat

Well, I realize that Obama, like all presidents, is nothing more than a puppet, so of course it isn't really his mandate.

And of course I realize that not everyone living off the public dole is happy to do so, but there are many who have grown accustomed to living off the toil of others, including the government itself.

Basically the entire system is fucked. I am normally not one to point the finger or scapegoat those who are down and out, but frankly it gets old when you don't even make a lot of money yourself, yet you have to pay for those who decide they're not going to work but only suck off others who do. The system enables this type of thing so they can offer something completely tyrannical and unconstitutional like Obamacare as some sort of solution to the health care crisis they created.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But the people getting free assistance have nothing to do with your copays and deductibles

1 person likes this.
  12. broony

broony Banned

Join the army then, meet interesting people, get paid to kill them.

13. Pressed_Rat

So where does the money come from to pay for those people? Out of a magic hat?

People don't realize the government and the insurance companies work together. They're really not two separate entities. At least not anymore.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

thank god, i was starting to worry about you. i half expected your next post to be telling us about the importance of voting.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

And when you get out of the military free healthcare for you and your family. In my case through the New England VA Healthcare system.
    Yes, it takes forever to make an appointment but you can't beat the cost.

Hotwater

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Obviously public assistance of any kind comes from taxes.

And obviously government and healthcare work together - the travesty of obamacare proves this

But people on public assistance do not cause your copays and deductibles. I work in healthcare billing. Healthcare companies get lower pay outs from government plans, but billing a government plan guarantees payment everytime. Healthcare companies lose the most money in insured individuals whose insurance does not pay a dime until the deductible is met, thus sticking the majority of the cost to the patient.

You're basically paying thousands a year for insurance that doesnt kick in until you pay thousands out of pocket. And now it is mandated. You cant really opt out.

Yeah, it is one of the greatest scams ever seen between the private sector and the government..but it still has very little to do with people taking public assistance.

1 person likes this.
  17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I still want to know why you think Tyrsonswood has free healthcare and that you are paying for it.

1 person likes this.
  18. Pressed_Rat

It was a joke. I don't know him, so obviously I would not know if I was or wasn't.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

It appears that insurance companies are dumping unprofitable accounts as The Affordable Care Act does not prohibit that. As those accounts are dumped the uninsured have to go elsewhere and pay higher rates. At the same time they keep jacking up the price of premiums each year for no apparent reason and as more people are now being covered they make more money.

Their profits are soaring, UnitedHealth Group made $10.3 billion in profits in 2014 a 375% increase since 2010. "Health Net’s share price has increased 224 percent since March 2010. Anthem’s is up 238 percent over the same time period. Aetna’s 290 percent. Cigna’s 305 percent. And Humana’s 309 percent." ~ 1

So why haven't they passed on the windfall to their customers in the form of lower premiums, co-pay, or deductibles?

Greed.

Maybe we need some more regulation...not less.

3 people like this.
  20. broony

broony Banned

My cousin has x number of many hours to become a helicopter pilot for business.

He can't get a job, cause those that served get hired first.

They not even interested in his flying ability.

Dude not killed so he ruled out.