I'm A Damn Fool, Let Me Explain:

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by quark, May 1, 2016.

1. quark

quark Parts Unknown

This all just happened about an hour ago. I've written a long, drawn-out post that admittedly covers more than what is necessary, however, I'm unsure if I'll ever bring this up in person with anyone, so I just thought I'd vent here.

To make it short, I made a very stupid decision and put myself in danger.

- - - - - - - - - -

There I was, sitting by myself in a coffee shop enjoying my nightly hot chocolate with the company of a good book. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a shadow moving back and forth. I thought nothing of it and continued reading. Suddenly, there was a tap at the window. “That can't be for me” I thought, so I kept reading (although admittedly a bit distracted). Again, another tap at the window. “This better not be for me…”. I decided to pretend as if I heard nothing, but as soon as I could find my spot where I'd left off the door swung open.

A man came close and said “Did you see that bitch out there that was giving me trouble?”. He looked at me as if he'd already decided who's side I was on without even giving me so much as a chance to respond. “No, I didn't see anything”. He looked disappointed, almost like he felt that I wasn't taking his question seriously. I went back to reading and thought “Christ, this neighbourhood has gone to shit”. I heard the man strike up the same conversation with two separate people that were standing in line waiting to place their orders. The others humoured the man; he'd had a tracheotomy and relied on a voice box to speak.

Once again I'd become submerged in my book and for the time being had entirely forgotten about the encounter. *Tap, tap, tap* a third knock at the window. The man was outside again, only this time giving me the finger. I put my book down and raised my hands as if to signal “Hey man, why are you doing this to me?”. He smiled and gestured with his hand (still showing the finger) an up and down motion. I shook my head and went to return to my book when I noticed that he'd started laughing and began to wave as if the entire thing was a joke. I actually laughed to myself and waved back (I smelled alcohol on him when he was nearby, so I figured he was just a friendly drunk). I picked up my book and stared at the pages, although I hadn't resumed reading as I was convinced that there'd be yet another distraction… Sure enough, he once again tapped at the window and began to flip me off once more. At this point, I was more embarrassed that someone in the place would think I knew the man, rather than felt as if I were in any danger.

He signaled for me to come outside with a friendly look on his face. I made it appear as if I were thinking it over for a few seconds, although as soon as he'd waved me outside I already knew I was going to head out there and ask him what the hell he was doing. I finished my hot chocolate, put my book away, and went outside. He grappled with his dog that had been tied up to a garbage can and said “Do you know who I am?”. I thought “Great, he's going to waste my time”. I told him I hadn't a clue, but decided to introduce myself (stupid me gave him my actual first name). He said “Well, I'm Brother Bruce, Hell's Angels”. I hadn't a doubt that he was who he said he was, but felt a bit sorry for him because he seemed to be pretty frail; I could tell that this wasn't always the case. (For what it's worth, these guys are more often than not nothing to worry about. Most of them are hard working family men that will treat you with every bit of respect that you show to them).

“You wanna make some money”, he asked as if he were someone of reputable employment. Before I could finishing saying “Sorry man, I don't swing that way” he blurted out “Not that I'm a faggot or anything. Just some honest work. You drive don't you?”. For some reason, instead of calling him a piece of shit and walking away, I said “Why, what did you have in mind?”. He blabbered on about some more useless stuff and told me to follow him.

This is where I should have turned around, went back inside, and continued reading. But no, I thought it would be a good idea to follow this stranger through the back alley of a slummy neighbourhood, headed to a destination that had yet to be named. As we walked, he went on about how he makes a ton of money and that I'd made a great decision to follow him. I never once for a second believed that he was going to hand over a single dollar, but had nothing else to do so I played along with whatever he thought he had to offer. Numerous times I thought of just saying goodbye and walking away.

Eventually we stop in front of what turned out to be his house and he said “Here's home. You want a drink?”. I said “Look, I'm not going in there until you tell me what's up. And no, I don't want a drink.”. He said “Quit being such a pussy, you can stand right at the door if you're that uncomfortable. I'm gonna let you in on how you can make some money. You drive don't you?” (He kept asking if I drove). I thought “Oh fuck it, he's not going to murder me”. I went in and stood about three steps into his place; the large wooden door was left open, only the screen door was closed (which had a hole through it that his dog clearly used as a personal entrance).

Inside there were a few guitars hanging on the wall. A cherry red Gibson Flying-V and a Jackson that was possibly a Dave Mustaine signature model. The place was filled with smoke and reeked like a god damned mechanics garage … In addition to the guitars (and what explained the smell), was an air compressor, welding kit, and a Harley fucking Davidson in his living room. He said “here, put some music on. You probably know how to do that”. He threw an odd remote at me that was kind of like a Wii remote that operated a computer that was hooked up to his TV. I threw on “Cheater” by Judas Priest because I thought it was funny that he'd earlier made a homophobic comment yet looked like a run down version of Rob Halford. He was happy as all hell that I put that on… I think he was surprised that I listened to that kind of stuff.

I looked around the walls some more and noticed a shirt pinned to the wall. Due to the angle I was standing at (I wouldn't go any further into the house), all I could make out on the shirt was “Support”. I knew what kind of shirt it was. It said something like “Support the big red machine” or “Support your local *insert chapter here*”, which is a choice of fashion that I'd encountered in the past. Clearly the old guy was a low level clubber, broke, and had essentially nothing except for his guitars, bike, and dog.

Now, what came next is just so terrible that there isn't any string of words that I could put together to make the situation appear to have been any less horrifying. He takes off his coat, hangs it on a chair, and then proceeds to put on a vest (the vest was decorated of course). All of a sudden, something that sounded as if it were made of metal hit the ground. It made an oddly loud piercing sound and continued to spin, and spin until he stomped on it and stopped the short, tubular object dead in its tracks. For some reason I thought it was an air nipple that came from his nearby compressor kit. He picked it up and said “You know what that is?”. He made a throwing motion as if to prepare me for an incoming toss, and then passed the thing over. I looked, caught the object with one hand, and thought “Fuck”. I calmly said “That's just messed up, man. I'm gone.”. It was a bullet casing. He said “If you go I'll shoot you” (his tone changed when he said this, as if it were something he had already made his mind up about). He started reaching into another vest that was hanging on a fireplace and began to shuffle through it. While he was searching through the vest, I began to back away and slowly reach for the door handle. As soon as I opened the door I turned around and ran like hell.

I'm not sure if he actually would have shot me, but I sure wasn't going to stick around and find out.

- - - - - - - - - -

What actually bothers me is that I haven't made a stupid decision like this in years. I have no idea what possessed me to tag along with a complete stranger to their house. I guess it stems from the fact that I've kept myself in near-solitude for such a long time and felt in need of an “adventure”. Needless to say, the next person to interrupt me while I'm reading will be met with a “sorry, sir/ma'm, I'm busy”.

One thing concerns me; my fingerprints are now on a bullet casing that had been fired. I feel like I should report this tomorrow, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of explaining what I was doing in a strangers house to the authorities. On the other hand, if this guy tries this on someone else, who knows what could happen… So if anyone has any advice on that front, that would be great…

(You can ridicule me for my actions all you want, that would actually be pretty funny and would take my mind off of this… For some reason I'm not at all worried about my safety… Just that this may come back to haunt me in some way)

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yeah that sounds like some sketchy company. That bullet casing could'a been from target practicing for all you would know. There's no real way for a crime lab to match a casing with the exact bullet that came from it if that bullet was actually used in a crime. It's unlikely that bullet casing will come back to haunt you. Plus, in the interaction you had with the guy, nothing was really report worthy to the police. He invited you in, you agreed, you felt uncomfortable and booked it.

I wouldn't worry about it.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Are your fingerprints on file somewhere? If not I'd say there's no way the prints on the casing could ever be traced to you.

And in the future, if you want some "adventure", take a road trip or something. :D

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

You Followed a Creepy Random Guy Home ? I had a dream like that once funny how you do strange shit in your dreams ,
    whatever anyone else tells ya Every bullet and shell case has a unique signature from the gun that fired it and can be traced !
    not trying to say anything bad is gonna happen from this encounter just putting the record straight ;)

Good story though !!

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Careful inspection of the residence would reveal several bodies in various stages of decomposition buried in the crawl space under the house.

An autopsy would indicate that each victim died from a gunshot wound to the head, the bodies were then wrapped in plastic, and covered in limestone.

Oh I forgot, the words Dumb Ass were written on their chest in their own blood

Dude, real adventure is picking up some hot chick, going back to her place (or yours) and fucking her brains out, then never seeing her again. It’s not being lured to the home of some psychopath who has you jumping through hoops in the hope of making a few bucks

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

The only real difference between those two scenarios is that you usually have wait for the chick to fall asleep before you steal a $20 from her purse and vanish off into the night.

Well, when you put it like that it becomes difficult to tell who the creepy guy is... :bulb:

7. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

threats of homicide are report worthy

1 person likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No need to explain, we already knew ;)

That covers the thread title, as for that first post, no way Im reading all that

tl dr;

9. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think he was just playing around with you. They obviously play rough.

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I can't imagine what you were thinking, doing this sober. This almost sounds like fiction.

11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

you may want to talk to a counselor at your school

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't worry about it... Everybody is a damn fool.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was actually going to say, this would make a good short story if he jazzed it up a little.

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I guess the craziest place I ever got talked into going was a small commune in San Francisco. I was hearing some great music in a store on Haight Street. I asked about buying the CD, but a clerk said they didn't have another copy left. The artist lived in a commune three blocks away, around the corner. I got the address and headed out the door. The clerk didn't realize that my husband (boyfriend at the time) 20 feet away was with me, so the guy was overheard snickering and saying to another store clerk, "You know she's not going to any goddamn commune."

I calmly rang the doorbell, explained why I was there, and stepped over a comatose body in the living room. Everybody appeared to be high. Not much different from college really, except that I didn't know anybody by name. Visually, I didn't fit into the freak show, but I didn't give the tiniest fuck. I took that CD back to the store, held it up in front of the clerk and said, "I am NOT too much of a pussy to go in a goddamn commune." He looked over at my boyfriend and said "Oh shit."
    :rofl:

If the OP ever visits New Orleans, he will probably leave in a body bag. Those people don't play around. Your urban radar has to be in good working order.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Wow, crazy story.

I wouldn't feel silly about following the guy home in the first place. It is normal to want to give someone the benefit of the doubt. We've all made stupid decisions in the past. And don't worry about your fingerprints, either. It is harder than you think to actually collect fingerprints from something.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyMuJakVHJU

17. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Hahaha good story! Following strange men home always works out well. Like that time I went home with a guy after a rave because I legitimately thought he wanted to show me his record collection.

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It was about sexual records, not musical. :D

1 person likes this.
  19. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

shit what a story i am not gonna say how i thought it would end
    thank God you got away you might want to tell the cops not sure it is up too you.
    i am way to trusting too i probally would have done everything you have but been afraid to run away

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

assholes who demand attention can always throw even smart people off their judgement. that's what they practice at.

don't be too hard on yourself. crap like that happens.

especially to people who aren't that interested in being around other people to begin with.

if anything, precisely because we're so much less in the habit of dealing with it.

they just make me even less wish to have anything more to do with humans then i absolutely have to.