Newest Latest Concert Report (Robin Trowler)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Meagain, May 1, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So just saw Robin at a 1926 renovated movie theater which gets some good acts from time to time (he was in Procol Harem for a while).

It has a capacity of 1,369 seats, so the good thing is there's not a bad seat in the house, the bad thing is he didn't sell it out.

I brought along my binoculars so I could look for babes, but as all seats face the front it was a little difficult, although there were a few hot tunas about. The crowd seemed much younger that the recent Santana concert I went to, but it also seemed to have more horizontally challenged people then the Santana concert did. This is really strange as Robin is very thin, but I guess opposites attract.

Also, as this is an older theater it has those old narrow movie house seats in it. So the guy to my left was overflowing onto my seat and the two guys to my wife's right were overflowing onto each other and on to her. As we are both on the smaller thinner side this was irritating.
    As I said Robin didn't sell out and by some strange stroke of karma the entire two rows in front of us were empty, so we had a great view of the stage....Until the fat boys beside my wife decided to jump rows and one of them sat right in front of my wife blocking her view. I was going to protest but my wife said screw it she'll just move over a seat into fat boy number one's spot and look between them as they were sitting apart with a seat between each other so they could fit.

So that worked out. Fat boy number 2 played with his smart phone for the entire first half of the concert, then they decided to leave and we had our unrestricted view back again!

But on to the show. It opened with two local dudes on guitar and bass. They sounded like ding ding ding twang ding. So we were glad when they were done.

Robin was pretty good, Bridge of Sighs, Too Rolling Stoned, and my favorite Spellbound were excellent, but we decided that his new stuff all sounds like the same song with a break here and there...so we decided to skip his next appearance, if he comes around again as this was our third time for him.

We did buy his new CD.

Next up is Paul McCartney (stay tuned for that) and later in the year we'll try to get to the Happy Together concert with The Turtles (Flo and Eddie), Chuck Negron of Three dog Night, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere and the Raiders, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Cowsills and The Spencer Davis Group. We've already seen The Turtles and I saw Flo and Eddie with Zappa, and we've seen Spencer Davis so the show should be pretty good.

So until next time.........

Oh...and he didn't play All Along the Watchtower, which pissed us off.