Simple Ways To Turn Your Hair Blonde

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by anababin, Apr 28, 2016.

1. anababin

anababin Members

i'll never get over the fact that my hair isn't blonde so bleached it with regular bleach. it turned a lighter colour. oh well. a little too late but still worked. people still think I'm retarded because I have dark hair.

1 person likes this.
  2. quark

quark Parts Unknown

:bomb:

1 person likes this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

my hair was platinum blonde when i was a child. it got darker over the years and almost looks black now in some lighting but if you really look at it it doesn't look like a typical brunette and there are still a few almost colorless hairs (gray hairs, i'm too young for that?) Some people have told me I have an unusual combination of hair and eye color phenotypes (dark hair and light colored eyes) but apparently this is common among people of certain European ancestry.

1 person likes this.
  4. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

Sun - in? Maybe? I dont remember the home mix for it, but my Mother put it in all our hair growing up especially during summertime.

The effect lightened, and in my case gingerfied, the hair slowly over time in a relatively non damaging way with time spent in the sun.

5. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I think the home recipe for sun in is mostly lemon juice. I remember trying sun in as a teenager for a whole summer, but nothing happened. My hair is way too dark for that...

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

They make hair bleach. It's relatively cheap and can be found at any beauty supply store. It must be mixed with toner I think. And there are things you can mix into it to make the effect less yellow-y or "brassy". The beauty supply place should be able to coach you on this to a certain degree. I used to bleach my hair all the time so I should know but it's been years. What you do is mix this stuff, put it in your hair, then apply heat! Takes awhile but works great. The only thing is it might not turn out the way you wanted it. I've had varied results from orange, to yellow, to a nice creamy white color. Anyway... it takes practice, and if you have the money you might wanna just go to a hair place and have them do it for the $40 or whatever it costs.

7. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

if you have dark hair, use a toner it will lighten over time, then you can put a color on it and it won't be red or brassy.. sun-in is hydrogen peroxide .. lemon juice can only do so much..

1 person likes this.
  8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Can someone tell me why this was posted in the "Free School" subforum?

9. royedward

royedward Members

10. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Even though the vast majority of men prefer blondes, there are still plenty of men that b prefer brunettes (myself included). I obviously haven’t seen any pix of you, but it sounds like you have low self-esteem. My advice is don’t trip. Different strokes for different folks.

trashed likes this.
  11. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Natural blonde here. With a red beard and blue eyes. Dad was blonde and mom is a ginger. My hair turns strawberry blonde if I let it grow out in the summer.

I married a Latina so my kids have brown hair. She used to put sun-in in their hair when they were kids.

Strangely enough, my son is as white as me but has much darker hair than his sister, so it won’t turn blonde anymore. Just light brown. My daughter’s natural hair color developed into a lighter shade of brown so turns blonde if she dyes it, but doesn’t look natural with her dark skin.

Not much they can do about it but accept their genetics.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Accepting genetics lol.
    I'm pretty sure we no longer accept genetics as anything to do with human biology and science. Even what you are biologically is no longer enough of a reasoning.

13. Devan Rojek

Devan Rojek Senior Member

This isn't the simplest way depending on how you look at it, but I generally get my hair dyed professionally. Certainly not the cheapest method, but for me the pros outweigh the cons. Plus I trust my hair salon.

14. BethRags

BethRags Members

The secret is toner.

15. Transguy

Transguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ok, this is one of my special interests (I’m autistic). You need to mix a % developer with powder bleach. Developer normally comes in 10, 20, 30 and 40%. 10% is just in box dyes, don’t use it as it won’t work. 40% is WAY to strong if it’s contacting your scalp at all. I personally use 30% and my hair is almost black. Mix the developer and powder bleach to the instructions and leave your roots and front of your hair til last. Now, it’ll say you can leave it on up to an hour but don’t! Most of the processing happens in the first half an hour. You’ll need at least two runs of it so try and do it when you’ve got a few days free, please don’t attempt to do it in one day. After one go, slather the conditioner on (I love deep conditioner on for this) and leave it on for as long as possible. I’ve found doing a round of bleach every other day or even longer is best. Also, try and leave your hair to get a little bit greasy before you bleach it, the natural oils help your hair condition massively.

Good luck!