• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anababin

anababin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted April 27 2016 - 11:55 PM

i'll never get over the fact that my hair isn't blonde so bleached it with  regular bleach. it turned a lighter colour. oh well. a little too late but still worked. people still think I'm retarded because I have dark hair.

#2 quark

quark

Just another freak in the freak kingdom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted April 28 2016 - 01:01 AM

people still think I'm retarded because I have dark hair.

:bomb:

#3 IRQ42

IRQ42

Scientia Potentia Est

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts
  • Locationsegmentation fault

Posted July 10 2016 - 01:11 AM

my hair was platinum blonde when i was a child. it got darker over the years and almost looks black now in some lighting but if you really look at it it doesn't look like a typical brunette and there are still a few almost colorless hairs (gray hairs, i'm too young for that?) Some people have told me I have an unusual combination of hair and eye color phenotypes (dark hair and light colored eyes) but apparently this is common among people of certain European ancestry.

"Real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand"

In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion ...

If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
restrict the use of these programs.
-- Richard Stallman

https://github.com/IRQ42/
Posted Image

#4 Punch Drunk Kitten

Punch Drunk Kitten

borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted July 10 2016 - 02:19 PM

Sun - in? Maybe? I dont remember the home mix for it, but my Mother put it in all our hair growing up especially during summertime.

The effect lightened, and in my case gingerfied, the hair slowly over time in a relatively non damaging way with time spent in the sun.
sometimes a submissive is a strong person, seeking someone stronger.

#5 Mattekat

Mattekat

Ice Queen of The North

• PipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 10 2016 - 02:35 PM

Sun - in? Maybe? I dont remember the home mix for it, but my Mother put it in all our hair growing up especially during summertime.
The effect lightened, and in my case gingerfied, the hair slowly over time in a relatively non damaging way with time spent in the sun.

I think the home recipe for sun in is mostly lemon juice. I remember trying sun in as a teenager for a whole summer, but nothing happened. My hair is way too dark for that...
"Life is change. Have some fun."

#6 soulcompromise

soulcompromise

• PipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted July 10 2016 - 02:45 PM

They make hair bleach. It's relatively cheap and can be found at any beauty supply store. It must be mixed with toner I think. And there are things you can mix into it to make the effect less yellow-y or "brassy". The beauty supply place should be able to coach you on this to a certain degree. I used to bleach my hair all the time so I should know but it's been years. What you do is mix this stuff, put it in your hair, then apply heat! Takes awhile but works great. The only thing is it might not turn out the way you wanted it. I've had varied results from orange, to yellow, to a nice creamy white color. Anyway... it takes practice, and if you have the money you might wanna just go to a hair place and have them do it for the $40 or whatever it costs. 

Posted Image

#7 shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts

Posted July 15 2016 - 05:03 AM

if you have dark hair, use a toner it will lighten over time, then you can put a color on it and it won't be red or brassy.. sun-in is hydrogen peroxide .. lemon juice can only do so much..

#8 Ashalicious

Ashalicious

confident and wild

• PipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted August 26 2016 - 10:56 PM

Can someone tell me why this was posted in the "Free School" subforum?
Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald