An Event From Childhood

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Lingvist, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Lingvist

Lingvist Members

Hello.I would like to start off by saying that this has baffeled me for some time now.First and foremost,I was not a normal child from the beginning.While in my mother's womb and ready to be born I was turned upside down instead of head first as is the norm.The birth was difficult and I nearly died.Nevertheless fast forward 5 years I was sleeping in my room while my mother and grandmother were in the other room.Now keep in mind that I have no memory of this,it's just erased it seems,but I'm relying you what my mom told me happened.She says that all of a sudden I came out of the room screaming like you wouldn't belive and tore all my clothes off.Whenever they would try to put clothes on me I would tear them off and through all this I continued to scream like mad.I was in this state for the entirety of night and just as dawn was breaking I stopped screaming and I fell back asleep.From that monent forward I was always a bit off...My brain is blocked off for some reason and I rely heavily on feeling and intuition instead of reasoning.I should mention that at that same age I experienced heavy epileptic siesures and on one occasion avoided death by the skin of my teeth.Keep in mind that this all happened while I was five years old.I have no recollection of this ever happening.If anyone has any insight on what exactly happened to me,or has come across something like this before I would appritiate it.Peace.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

night terror is just a name though.
    i have perfectly clear memories of things that frightened me as a child,
    that may or may not have had more or less mundane explanations.

i may be unusual in the degree to which i haven't occluded them.
    most of my memories of childhood are not traumatic ones,
    though neither do they resemble the popular myth of innocent security.

if i find the unfamiliar less frightening then others
    it is because there are familiar things i find to be far more so.