Just Cut Off Four Friends

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by TheSamantha, Apr 26, 2016.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Case in point:

Cal: friends since 2001. Knew everything about each other. Had memories. Africans. Someone to talk to all the time.
    Had anger issues. Sexualized all his friendships with women, therefore no friendship if the possibility of sex is off the table. Hypersensitive, especially about racism, despite being an immigrant (maybe because he grew up in the ghetto). Very blunt. Violent. Beat up three girls, almost beating one to death when she had barely grazed him.

Tried to pressure me to have anal sex. Wasn't comfortable: not attracted to him at all, not my thing, and he's too big. Pestered me several times over the course of four hours. Last words before saying goodnight "we're gonna do anal."

Sees every little thing as racist, which is annoying:

Me: I just interviewed at a Jewish center. It went well.

Cal: Oh really? What did they ask you?

Me: They asked me [blah blah blah] and if I have a problem ideologically with working with Jews. I told them I don't, that I've been to bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs, that I've volunteered at nonpartisan Israel/Palestine non-profits [etc]

Cal: I think that's racist what they asked you. I think they would give you a hard time because you're black.

Told him I talked smack about my race three years ago on a website. Told him that a year ago. He still hasn't gotten over it:

Cal: I think Em's racist. He said 'yeah I was talking to this black guy and he said he's gonna take off for ****** Day.'

Me: Yeah that is racist. He sounds ignorant.

Cal: I hate how I'm the token. They say I'm not like the rest.

Me: Oh like you're their pet monkey or something?

Cal: What the fuck did you say to me bitch?!

Me: What? I said like you're their pet monkey or something.

Cal: Oh I just heard monkey and snapped. If you were in the same room, I would have smacked the shit out of you. It reminds of that website you went to.

Me: Why do you dwell on things? It's the Internet. Who cares? It's free speech. Look at YouTube. Everyone talks trash about everyone else. You know what? I'm upset about sexism like rap music and the double standard, but I deal with it. I once went to a comedy club ad the comedian said that women are stupid cunts who need to fix him a sandwich and STFU. If he said that about black men, it would be all over MSNBC, it would go viral on YouTube, he would lose his reputation [etc]

Cal: That's just jokes.

Me: So you're okay with white people telling racist jokes?

Cal: Lisa Lampinelli is racist and I like her.

Me: Oh please. Lisa Lampinelli is not racist. She says she loves black men. I've seen her act.

[After three hours of arguing]

Cal: You need to get in touch with your blackness. You need to put aside these non-existent issues, and line yourself up with your people.

Fuck him.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

...........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

Sounds toxic. My heads spinning.

1 person likes this.
  4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm wondering why you would ever consider a piece of shit that does this a friend?

1 person likes this.
  5. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

I guess I was attached for three reasons: we have known each other, our area, and our crew since 2001, he gave me the guy's perspective, and he knew everything about me.

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Your better off without him, he is dangerous

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

As a crowd gathers 'round an angry young man
    face down on the street with a gun in his hand
    In the ghetto

In the ghetto

1 person likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

PS: Where are the other three friends? I only count one

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so what exactly is ****** day? kwanzaa?

10. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

Wouldn't it be a whole month. Still on a more serious note guy sounds fucked in the head. You are almost certainly better off without friends like that.

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^^^ This!!!

Just reading that made me scared for you. Something tells me he won't let you cut him off easily. Please take care.

12. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

For me,my friends have to share the same interests,morals,ect.I think its time you moved on from "Cal".He sounds very negative,and really?Who needs people like that in your life?Your life will be better without him.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

To each their own of course (and once upon a time i would have said the same..!), but now it seems like the other extreme to me... and also a bit boring.

14. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Boring?No more boring than anyone could be.I have a wide circle of friends,all different in their own individual way.As most of us work,we're hardly in eachothers pockets,and some I dont see for weeks on end,which is quite nice,as more news to talk about.