Can Some One Solve My Problems?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Sunnyriver, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

I ask google but it just don't seem to get it i dunno. so here goes

i got a ipad and iphone 6 safari webbrowser
    got ios not sure what but last time i updated it it would not turn on and had to reset it

ok, on facebook app when i click a link i see in a post
    it goes to a blank page...
    or it goes to a page that reloads over and over
    or itll slowly load

sometimes safari does this on pages i go too
    i thought screw the app i wilk go with the browser
    but, then facebook is so slow loading and scrolling i feel like i will be an old man before i see all my notifications

my yahoo mail app now will not show my mail at all
    my yahoo mail app sorts my nail in folders i wish i did not make
    i tried emptying my folders to delete them but i swear it freezes everytime

anyone know what to do?

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I don't use Apple products. Gave them up in sometime right after the Mac II series.

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

take it back to wherever you bought it and one of the kids working there can probably fix it up in minutes

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

You don't want to hear my smart ass solution because it contains the word android. Either than that, make sure your date and time are correct because it almost sounds like an SSL/port 80 issue. Also check if service provider issue, try other wifi networks.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Uninstall the browser reinstall the browser

6. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

I am not sure who to go to my ipad is old proballt and i inherited from my grandma.
    crap it does sound old. i redid it all once it did not help.
    one of these days i am getting a computer don't know when.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'll throw out some advice but I'm not super knowledgeable with this stuff,so maybe take it with a grain of salt,although it doesn't sound like anything I'll say will make the situation worse.

I have no clue why these issues would happen on your iphone 6, maybe you have scripts turned off or something but I'd recommend resetting the phone to factory settings.

For the iPad, it's possible that a lot of it's software is deprecated or no longer used and is not up to par on the "standards" which some of these apps use.

8. Sunnyriver

Sunnyriver Members

i mostly use ipad for internet. not sure what to do on that

9. CampfireWithUs

CampfireWithUs Members

I would try 2 things. Go to settings, Safari and click Clear history and website data. Hopefully that'll help with your safari issues. You could also uninstall Facebook, hold the Facebook icon and click the x and delete once it start wobbling, then reinstall it again. Sometimes that helps with dodgy apps post upgrade.

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

Don't turn it off into sleep mode but do a full reboot with the power button. The apple logo should pop up over a black screen and it should clear out your issues. But yes as mentioned above clear your data for safari first. I had a problem where the pages were constantly refreshing and a reboot cleared the issue.