America War Years Since 1776

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xenxan, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Get ready to catch hell from the Canadians.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

3. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

After driving the British out, other nations lined up to both do business with the US and to fully take advantage of the new country. This caused all kinds of delays in organic development that was vital. One of the other things delayed was the effort to remove one of the worst stains of British rule, slavery. Because of the conflicts it took nearly 80 years for the US to bring it to an end. And at the cost of 600,000 Americans who chose to kill each other, over freedom.

I think the "America sucks on all fronts" or "God damn America" kind of people who discuss these matters are spoon fed a distorted view of history that supposedly uses today's rules and morality. They're quick to blame the US for all kinds of global problems while conveniently ignoring the fact that the US gives more to other nations and the causes of non-Americans than any other nation (though Gallup is trying to say that Myanmar somehow gives more with a fraction of the US GDP). And this is not something new. The US has been the top charity on the planet for DECADES. And not just food but crop sciences, infrastructure technology and of course medicines that have saved millions of lives.

I think some folks are just wired for whining and since they are too chickenshit to go after hard targets, like the demons who throw gay people from buildings (surely someone else will take care of that, right), they turn on their own country and take a dump.

1 person likes this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

GO on their government website...Queen of UK is their head honcho!

5. stormountainman

Ambrose Bierce said Patriotism is the last resort of a scoundrel. Patriots ride their hardley dangerous motorcycles and sling guns to intimidate other Americans who happen to have a darker skin, or a funny name, or maybe odd clothing. These self declared patriots wave falgs and concealed carry permits, always claiming they served in the armed forces and consequently the rest of us are required to live according to their warped patriotic ideology, and worship their superior jesus who gave his life so Europeans could come to America and get into the real estate business.

6. GeorgeJetStoned

It's amazing how you encapsulate millions of people into a singular-thinking version of personal hell. As if there were no individuals in the lot. What's the view like from your throne room?

1 person likes this.
  7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

[​IMG]

8. stormountainman

I don't see anything from my throne room. All we have is a a roll of TP on an old crate. We be too poor, so poor in fact our termites have to bring their own wood. Why my Daddy said one termite felt so bad for us last winter, it donated some fire wood for us. Nice of you to ask, we likes dem White folks.

9. GeorgeJetStoned

We don't have termites in our 60's era house, but we live in the sticks, so we get other bugs. Like those in the woods who get you, I can never remember their name.............

10. stormountainman

The ones in the woods who are out to get me most of the time only have initials...........KKK

11. GeorgeJetStoned

I was speaking of insects. We didn't seem to have any KKK groups in California when I was growing up, though we did have the Black Panthers for a while. H Rapp Brown went to prison in my home town! Now I live in Atlanta and the only ones around here are the ones they show on the news in those ghastly costumes. And wtf with all that khaki? Khaki can make any woman look frumpy and it's not much better on the guys. I'd say they need a visit from Queer Eye for the Klan Guy.

Really though, I think it's hilarious that anyone actually thinks the KKK is any sort of threat. They don't do shit, the few you can find. Even David Duke walked away from them and spends his time trying to sell his self-published rantings. But when I see the news it seems like there's a klan invasion happening, especially on college campuses. Klan-mania is so over the top that a monk was seen as a threat.

What I really don't like is the idea that the KKK is a representative sample of the rest of the country's white population. It's not and never was, even when the KKK was at their highest peak membership. But again, if I watch the news I see that ALL white people, especially old white men like me, are only a hair-thin excuse away from being full-blood klan warriors with a noose in one hand and a moon pie in the other. Fuck people who think that way. The exact opposite is true and it doesn't take a genius to see it. Hating white people is still hate. It's racist too.

1 person likes this.
  12. So according to Noxious Gas, Vietnam was good. And since other nations are awful warmongers, it's okay for the US, the leader of the world, to be an awful warmonger too and we shouldn't complain about it.

1 person likes this.
  13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL

please quote where I said any of that

do you have any brain cells that actually function?

14. stormountainman

OK, I agree that other groups are also racist. I also think that racism from other groups is a mere reaction to the harsh treatment by your friends. As for the KKK being diminished in some way, well maybe. I do know that they have changed into several new groups, some more violent than before, some more civil. There are off shoots of the KKK that control prisons and police departments. They carry out political assassinations, of public officials, like the dude who killed the director of prisons in Colorado. My wish is that people grow out of the hate cycle and start making peace. Sadly, that is a long way off down the road.

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

you could always start with yourself because you certainly do project yourself as a rather hardcore racist.

or did you forget that racist asswipes come all colors?

16. GeorgeJetStoned

I'm suddenly wishing I had invested in Alcoa stock.

17. noela

noela Members

I agree with you about the President Eisenhower's speech on warning America about the military industrial complex. It is very real and he is definitely shouting "I told ya so!" in his grave. War has always been the country's economic machine. Regardless of the outcome, it seems to have kept the economy moving since the founding of the nation.

What interests me most is the "blow back" effect. After 9/11, there was unintended consequences of foreign operations that were deliberately kept from the American people. When retaliation came, the American public wasn't able to put it into context. I personally believe this attack to be the eye opener to American people about the prospect of war and government. It changed the way Americans put cause and effect together regarding war.

Anyway, good luck on the election this year America! We're rooting for you!

- CANADA

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No see'ums. The official name of any insect that bites you before you can get a good look at the bastard.

Well, thats all i have to contribute to this illuminating thread.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

They pulled that same move again a couple decades later when a German U-boat sank the SS Lucitania; the sinking of a civilian ocean liner that killed everyone on board, starting the US involvement in WWI. No single torpedo could sink a ship that big in 18 minutes like that one did. It usually took 2 hours or longer to sink a ship like that. Explosives were deliberately stored on board.

20. GeorgeJetStoned

I'm familiar with those, but these are something else entirely. Not exactly fleas and certainly not ticks, but known in the woods. I hate long-term memory lapses. It will hit me in 3.14 days/weeks/decades....................