What Are Your Thoughts On Feminism?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheSamantha, Apr 12, 2016.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

No, FGM destroys sexual functioning aside from procreation.

Wolverine97 likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

My thoughts on Feminism?

Well I think this is sexy, some might think this is sexist ..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8DML1lyJNg

Hotwater

3. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Destroyed Vs severely reduced
    Seems like a quibble to me!

When it happens to a guy living next door it's trivial, when it happens to a woman living on the other side of the world it's Earthshakinly important. Nothing like dual values then!

4. Scratched

Scratched Members

I am ok with the equality thing. And the equal pay thing.

But this "owning our asses" shit just isn't getting it.

Some women like that need to live in an Islamic country for a year, so they will appreciate the freedoms they are abusing towards men here.

1 person likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

6. Scratched

Scratched Members

I used to work out, so I have tits too.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

It has gone somewhat overboard, like Madonna these days... ?
    WTF :bomb:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EacwhgnlZCQ[/media]

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I guess I have my own version of feminism, because the "feminist agenda" I see promoted today is ridiculous.

You know, we're supposed to be this big sisterhood, but the minute the aspiring astronaut finds out the woman next to her is a housewife, she looks down on her. The attitude seems to be, "any woman who isn't me is less than!"

And that's crap.

9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

In it's most basic form I ABSOLUTELY support feminism.....only problem is RADICAL feminism is now sometimes now actually just as sexist (if not morseo) in it's desire to modify normal male behaviour as old fashioned style sexism used to be.

1 person likes this.
  10. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I am a feminist that still watches Family Guy. I enjoy a lot of problematic things. I know they are wrong and why, and I will speak out against actual oppression, but I don't police everything. Ain't nobody got time for that. We're all human, we all fuck up, and sometimes we laugh at fucked up things. Just the way we're wired. I'm gonna like what I like. I'll be honest and be like "I can't recommend this, it's terrible. no one should watch it, but I like it." I feel similarly about eating vienna sausages out of the can. It's disgusting and slightly embarrassing and a couple different animals had to die for it, so I would never recommend it to someone else, but I don't give a shit. If I'm craving them, I'm getting some. Fuck off with your holier than thou judgments.

Honestly, though, I feel like there are radicals in every movement. Feminism is still developing, as are other civil rights movements, and we're kind of at the extreme end of the scale right now. I have faith that things will balance out as people explore the idea more and don't have their hackles up so much. It won't be pretty for a while, but things will settle down eventually.

3 people like this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Hell yeah! Some people can't handle any theoretical contradictions. I dislike oppression but I don't dislike it being glorified in art. I dislike discrimination but not a good discriminatory joke. Etc.

Lol people assumed I hate Family guy because of PC reasons. No, it is just because they have 5 lame jokes before a good one. Too many lame jokes. Not because they're immoral or mean or whatever.

I dislike stupid feminists but I would never deny the use and need of feminism in our society (certainly not in the recent past, like last 100 years). Even if some are still focussing on ridiclious aspects and how women might be oppressed in western countries does not take away of the purpose femnism still has in regards to equality matters, discrimination. Has it been worse? Yes. Is it a joke now to put it on agendas? No, of course not.

1 person likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Family Guy is awful but i've never really noticed anything as far as how it pertains to feminism or misogyny.

It just isnt funny. Once you watch a few episodes every other episode is basically the same as those first few. Its like the cartoon show equivalent of Will Ferrell, the humor just gets really monotonous after a while lol.

On topic: GiRL power and shit

13. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

I don't disagree with that, lol. But for some reason it's familiar and comforting to me and it can still make me giggle now and then. And they're not specifically anti-fem so much as anti-everything PC. It's not a template by which to base your beliefs, but I mean... it's a cartoon... it shouldn't be...

1 person likes this.
  14. fundoo

fundoo Members

Hehehe Family Guy! Yeaaaa, I like that, "5 bad jokes before a good one". I can't stand Peter, but other characters like Stewie, Brian or Chris parts crack me up! Oh man, can't forget the terribly um, what's the word for sterotype that's heavily exaggerated (well, you know those characters like Consuela or ah shit, forgot his name) just gotta have a sense of humor because you know this stuff just pushes buttons just to see how far it can go, but they really do poke fun at everyone...although, it seems the British stuff, for instance, is sooo terribly off. Idk and I am not British, but that's my impression.

Ahhh and feminism?? Wow!It's hard for me to put in words, but it's pretty much how some have said, that it is good in the pure sense, but the radicalism is just disheartening. I like how someone said thatthis is like a phase though. But I still believe you can get more bees with honey.
    Ewww sticky!!
    Haha idk :p did someone say there were games on this site? I'll be over there next time! :p

15. Noserider

That's because the radicals don't want gender equality; they want gender superiority.

4 people like this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Where do you guys come across so many militant feminists anyways, i've went my whole life without ever meeting a feminist i would describe as radical or militant.

1 person likes this.
  17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

NYC.

My friend used to play at the kit Kat club. Woman at the door used to always give the guys in the band a hard time. (And not in a good way)

18. Scratched

Scratched Members

You don't get out much, do you?

Go to work in any factory in my area and you will see the sick dominance that's allowed, and encouraged. The ones in management are generally horrible. Some of them need a bucket of ice dumped unexpectedly on their
    overly entitled little heads. They can make a man never want to date ever again.

If I had gay feelings toward men, I swear I would turn gay and rub it in their faces.

1 person likes this.
  19. Noserider

I've only encountered them on the internet.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

LOL that will teach them! :p

2 people like this.