Whats Your Favourite Comic Book Movie So Far?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 6, 2016.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Didn't know ghost world or kick ass was. Both of those were good. I liked superman returns and the batman with qui gon. And ant man. ( I really thought that was gonna suck)
    There was others that were good but I really can't say any one is a favorite. Captain America was my favorite comic book character as a kid...still havnt seen any of his movies.

2. MugenInfinity

MugenInfinity Members

Well, the Dark Knight is one of my favorites, it is perfectly gritty, thought-provoking, memorable, has great character development and enough twists and intensity to make the movie pretty exciting and always raising the stakes.
    I also like Tim Burton's Batman (1989), I watched years ago, and I still think it holds up. It was the first Batman movie to actually be dark and gritty, and even though both are about Batman vs. the Joker (Mostly), both movies are quite different, in style, feel and execution of scenes.
    The Dark Knight has a more realistic feel and visual style, while Burton's style is more surreal, it can especially be seen in the part where Batman is taking Vicky Vale to the Batcave.
    Add to that, for the Dark Knight, Hans Zimmer's gritty music and Danny Elfman's fantasy score for Batman (1989).
    I also liked Captain America: Civil War. It had similar themes that Batman v. Superman had, but I feel that Civil War handled them better, and it certainly didn't feel like they tried to cram so much in one single movie.
    X-Men First Class is also a favorite of mine. I really liked its Cold War setting with the Cuban Missile Crisis (I'm fascinated by the Cold War) and how the main characters were the Professor, Magneto and their team composed of lesser-known mutants (Except for Mystique). Wolverine's cameo is also funny.
    Deadpool. Do I really need to say why I liked this movie? It's hilarious!
    Guardians of the Galaxy. I find the characters to be quite likable, and I like how unusual their team members are.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, but notice something

All the ones you listed (which are my favourites too) have strong elements you can find in non comic book movies

I dont think the format translates well to the big screen, and small screen for that matter

Whether the movie version is any good still relies on things like good actors doing their job, character development, or a believable plot line where you care

You mentioned First Class, the cold war stuff was a good twist, but it was also just a good ole fashioned revenge plot

I wanna see another stand alone Batman movie, Batman works best cos he's not really super

Dont think its even possible to get a really good superman movie, because if he's pretty much invincible and always so goody two shoes....wheres the tension come from?

If I see another one of these movies cluttered with CGI where New York gets vaporized, Ima gonna scream

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I liked Deadpool.

Everything else utterly sucks dogs balls.

5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Hellboy. The perfect comic book IMO. Reminds me of Lovecraft.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Come on, man. Lovecraft should NOT be in the same sentence as comic book movie.

7. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

No, what I meant was that LoveCraft highly influenced the Hellboy universe, not just the movie.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh. Okay then

9. That scene in the bar with that band that sings about picking cotton all night long is hilarious.

I generally like comic book movies. Dark Knight is probably my favorite. I liked Deadpool and Civil War a lot. I think the new Spiderman is finally going to get it right, but DC will continue to make horrible movies and Aquaman will be the worst piece of shit ever to grace the silver screen. Well, I already hate Aquaman because the dude they've got playing Aquaman totally isn't Aquaman. I can understand if you think a blond superman dressed in skintight orange scales is dumb, but you've got to own your shit. You can't just make the character completely different and call it Aquaman.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Empire strikes back.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If they did Aquaman like he is in the comics, it would come of looking very gay, orange muscle top, green tights and little cowboy boots and gloves

Thats the case for most comic book characters, Wolverines yellow costume works in the comics, but no way could you do that in live action

Plus we dont need yet another white guy superhero, I'm glad they chose Momoa, and I like the look theyve set for him......the actual subject matter though, I guy that swims fast and talks to fish, yawn

Eric! likes this.
  12. Well Superman looks gay and they don't change his costume. IMO you have to work with what you've got. You can make some slight alterations to Aquaman of course. He should at least be a blonde dude IMO. Because really, how is this new guy even Aquaman? I know I haven't seen the movie, but I'm willing to bet they could change the name to Poseidon and it would make as much sense.

13. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

Suicide Squad.

-- I love the romance between Harley Quinn and the Joker.

Also, Harley was SO beautiful.

14. Flashdown

Flashdown Members

Has to be Deadpool! Even though I like to watch all of the comic book movies. Thor Ragnarok was good, I liked the comedy in it, but personally think Thor is more of a serious person. I'm a huge Flash fan ever since I read the first Golden age Flash comic. Have to admit that I was not a fan of the Flash in Justice League. The Flash is not a scared goofy person, that does not know the difference between East and West.

I find that the animated movies are quite good and aimed more towards the comic books.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont think suicide squad was as bad as they say, Will Smith saved it. I didnt like whats his face as the joker at all, I dont really get at all why straight guys go ga ga over errr whats her name Margot Robbie, though the enchantress character was a far cooler female character, and to me Delvingne seems prettier than Robbie even though very irritating in the social media world

16. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

One of the most memorable moments of my life was watching 1000 subdued people leaving the theater, some with tears running down their faces because an animated character dies at the end of the premier of this film.
    It was his dying while quoting "the lord is my Shepherd" that really moved them to tears.

17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

But 'cat concerto' is still my favorite. :yum::yum::yum:

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Not sure if this counts because like so many other movies especially in the horror movie/sci-fi genre the movie came first followed by the comic book

[​IMG]

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Thor Ragnorok made me laugh. Black Panther made me want to take a nap.

Can't think of any other comic book movie I've seen. I so don't care about that genre of movie.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Didnt want to mention it before, but what was with the kill whiteys themes

Sorry conquerors, so you dont have to say whiteys.

They have this super dooper techno magic city they dont share with anyone else but the "conquerors" are the bad guys.

Especially the villian, he grew up in the US, went to MIT, but he does this bit at the end for "his" ancestors on slave ships 200 years ago