Whats Your Favourite Comic Book Movie So Far?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Im partial to the first half of the first Iron man movie, kind of turns to average after he escapes the desert. But that first half is awesome.

Then after that, the Dark knight, yes the one with Heath. No I didnt like the Dark Knight rises, stupid dish strainer over his face the whole time.

I dont really get those that say they liked the Watchmen, it was grittier, but kind of all over the place.

Other notable mentions:

Kick ass
    A history of violence
    Superman II
    V for Vendetta

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I take it that means no one likes comic book movies here

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Didn't know V for Vendetta or Kickass were based on comic books! Well I can see the inspiration with Kickass of course.

For me it's the movie adaptions of comic books I enjoyed most as a kid, which happen to be stuff like Asterix and Tintin. They aren't the greatest movies but hey, I think superheroes suck anyway. Although I did enjoy some of the movies as a kid. Never got into the comics.
    I also liked the movie adaption of Blueberry (another superb european comic book series).

I have enjoyed most X-men movies! I noticed Deadpool is also related to X-men, and that there is an inconsistency with the story in the movie where he got beaten by Wolverine... (you know where he was horribly mutilated by I think his own dad?). I can't really take a character serious if they change up his being, past, origin etc. so I would probably shit on the whole premise of that movie. Happily i never was a fan of the comic books so I'm not too anal or nerdy about these details :p

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It was superman for me with the comics as a kid

With villians like Mxyzptlk especially, dont know how theyd ever do that as a movie.

Dont think we've seen a true comic book movie, or ever will, with a really trippy storyline that is. Movie versions always seem to have to be dumbed down for mass appeal. Getting so sick of the one lame villian and they just duke it out at the end storyline we are mostly getting in the movies.

Some of the xmen comic book stories can be pretty trippy, trippier than what theyd put in the movies.

Overall the movies, and there has been a lot of them now, have been mostly shite. Yet another Spiderman reboot in 2017.

Snyder just attempted the Death of Superman storyline in B v S, really kind of translated to a mess onscreen, just didnt work

5. Asmodean

I thought movies like Batman vs Superman are mostly gimmicky fun, even to the fans, as although they both take place in current time on earth (same country even) they are different settings/universes. Batman in Gotham was never ment to clash with or even be in the same world as Superman as they are just different stories in different versions of our society (maybe they found a plausible way to explain this shit in the movie, I didn't see it!). The context of Alien vs. Predator for example is far easier to go along with imo.

As a 90's kid I did enjoy those tv series about the adventures of Lois & Clark. The american comics are just not really big here, nor where they in my youth. Dutch kids being fan of spider man, Superman and Batman that's all due to the movies or maybe animated tv shows nowadays. They didn't got it from their dads who have a big stash of comic books from their youth (if they do it's usually Tin tin, Asterix, Lucky Luke or last but not least the Donald Duck weekly :D)

6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Ghost world. It doesn't have super heroes, but it was based on a comic book. Man I should have added that to my list of top movies too its damn good.

Edit: spelling

7. Shale

Shale ~

8. Asmodean

Is Kickass based on a comic or merely inspired by comic books in general? I assumed the latter. I agree it is an entertaining movie.

9. Shale

Shale ~

Yep, by some Scottish guy. He talks in the DVD Features but I canna undastand im

The comic book Kick Ass is a younger kid.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Dutch dvd versions always have optional english subtitles :-D

11. SpaceSissy

SpaceSissy Expert Knob Polisher

Its a draw between the first Thor movie and The Avengers for me. I think the superhero thing has been done to death though now.

12. Asmodean

Oh man, those superhero teams like the fantastic 4 or the Avengers are the worst! If I didn't know better I would say those are kids movies and only kids would dig them.

13. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I saw deadpool a couple of nights ago finally and loved it!

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Captain A. 2 because I can relate to W.S.

16. KellyLong27

KellyLong27 Members

It's a tie for me with... Capt. America Winter Soldier, Deadpool and Capt. America Civil War.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Phase 3, or is it Phase 4 of the Marvel movies sounds pretty lame

Dr Strange, another Guardians of the galaxy, yet another spiderman rehash, Thor 3, another 2 avengers movies and 2 minor character movies: Black Panther and Captain Marvel

I think we are past the saturation point

Errr, that means no Ant man sequel

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I haven't watched all of the new comic book inspired flicks but last night I watched "The Wolverine" and that was interesting. It was definitely good enough to hold my interest for the majority of the movie anway.. I did sleep as I commonly do during that time of night for some parts. Anyway, I always like to wait until I can get the DVD at the library. I hate Redbox. I don't want to set up another account for my new credit or have to return anything the next day, or any of that lol. But some stuff might not end up at the library so Redbox might be a good option for some of the new movies.

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I came in here to announce that I did not like comic book movies, but I was (begrudgingly) wrong.

I forgot about V for Vendetta. Solid movie.
    And I really did love the Dark Knight.

I guess they aren't all bad.

There I said it.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Howard the duck [​IMG]

1 person likes this.