Sayings Or Quotes Of The Day.....let's Hear Yours.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Moonglow181, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Your JUSTIFICATION does not work with vegetarians.

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

I love you more than anyone else possibly can!

Jees he made me cry! 10 years of age, and he loves me that much!

1 person likes this.
  3. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

learn to live with it- john oliver

4. Moonglow181

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge. Daniel J. Boorstin

scratcho and Moonglow181 like this.
  6. Moonglow181

Your son?

7. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

No,farts are NOT lumpy-you've just shit yourself!

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

grandson lol

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it is always possible, and often perfectly reasonable, to demand more of yourself, then you can ever reasonably expect from anyone else, nor they from you for that matter.

the lamest excuse for deliberately failing to consider all things, is that 100% of the people, can't be 100% of the time, expected to.

i'm not talking about imperfections, i'm talking about deliberate, and thems knows who thems are.

(might not be any who will ever see this, but one never knows)

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you know actually, we DON'T "know we're the cleverest species ever to have lived". we only know we are probably the most creative species in our own solar system. we really know very little beyond our own planet and even less beyond our own solar system. but the point is well made that environmentally we're shitting in the middle of our own living room, and for as smart as we like to think we are, that's pretty damd dumb. not just shitting, but shitting a magical acid that eats a hole in the floor and collapses the whole house on top of us. and its not as if we lack the means of not doing so. though that's the excuse we most often hear made.
    (any bets someone won't respond to my saying this by making it? they have every time so far.)

12. Moonglow181

A friend sent me this quote of Bob Marley's today. I agree with most of it...

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life

Bob Marley"

1 person likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.”

― Richard Bach

14. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

"You can do a lot when you don't care who gets the credit."

From a TV news story after the death of Mike Ilitch, about how he paid Rosa Parks' rent for the last 11 years of her life, and never said anything about it.

15. Moonglow181

"Help me, someone , get HIM out of my heart".....same song but him...not her when I sing it....song has been on my mind alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPnBrK6D26g

16. Moonglow181

Raw honesty works wonders......
    getting to the root of anything works wonders....
    the raw root...not the symptoms
    The last 24 hours have been hell here. I do not want to repeat that hell....ever.
    I feel better already .... :)

17. morrow

morrow Visitor

Nana, if you want to know anything, ask Google! 10 year old! After 4 days with new phone! Ha!

18. fundoo

fundoo Members

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you will be crticized anyway"
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

1 person likes this.
  19. Moonglow181

2 is company

3's a crowd

i am sorry it did not work out.

Take care..........

20. fundoo

fundoo Members

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.