I Just Quit Pof.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Bilby, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have been on POF for a while. Recently I put up a suggestion on their forums that was not that well received. Yesterday I noticed to OP in that thread had been edited to make me look an idiot. I consider such behavior to be despicable. You have been warned!

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Had to do a search to find out what POF is. Looks like some kind of Tinder for pc or just a free dating site. I think the free ones will always be kind of shady anyway (because ANYone can join)

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Those dating sites are all a waste of time. I tried my luck on POF and a few other sites a few years back. My best luck (in terms of meeting people) was on OKCupid, but nothing serious materialized from any of those meetups. I really think a lot of the women on these sites (that is the ones which have real profiles) are there simply for attention and ego gratification, and aren't really serious about meeting anyone. Plus the questions they ask to match you up with someone are insultingly asinine and stupid, and should have no real importance in a relationship. Then of course you have the women who misrepresent themselves in terms of their appearance and their personality.

2 people like this.
  4. Bilby

I agree about fake profiles on POF.

http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/473249-does-pof-buy-andor-sell-photos/

I have as yet to see a really obvious one on OKcupid. In my age group, one third of the population are unattached. Most women are too fussy. There are simply not enough unattached CEO's to meet the demand for all the women who are after one. Most unattached CEO's want a woman who is young enough to be their daughter.
    One thing OKcupid has is the option of hiding profiles that you do not want to see anymore.This something that has been asked umpteen times on POF.
    I was thinking of doing dancing lessons. The M/F ratio is much on favor of men.

5. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I met some really amazing people on eharmony several years ago. I'm still friends with a couple of them, actually.

6. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I have not gone the POF hole. I have tried others. Tinder was the worst.
    The fake profiles are not always to spot. Once they say they are stationed oversees and their grammar is horrible, I know not is fake.

I am off all dating sites, waste of time. If all you want is a hook up, not hard to meet someone on there for that. A relationship, I am not so sure about that.

Good luck.

Fake profiles exist on Hip, too. I had someone message me telling me they were in love with me. My user name name is Shygurl, not guilable.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

look closer. there's a bunch of profiles that only have one picture, from a professional photo shoot, no questions answered, and the profile section is filled out in sentence fragments that have nothing to do with the subject (like they'll fill in the "you should message me if" section with the name of a tv show).

the ridiculous answers some people give really make you wonder what the fuck is wrong with people though. there's a bunch of questions that are basically like a trivia or logic test, and so many women will answer wrong and then put that it's unacceptable for a guy to answer correctly. one in particular i've noticed this with is the question that asks what "wherefore" means. i mean, if she doesn't know, she could just google it. but instead, everyone puts some idiotic wrong answer and then selects that they will reject any guy who puts the right answer.

another thing about the questions that drives me crazy is when women answer a question that both partners should theoretically have the same answer to, but won't accept the same answer from the guy. for example, the question "do you like to cuddle," sometimes women will answer that they do like to cuddle, but will then reject any guy who also likes to cuddle. what the fuck is that all about?

2 people like this.
  8. Bilby

I think that some dating sites employ people to reply when someone sends a message to a fake profile that has been put up by the site itself. Most people can smell phoniness even in cyberspace.

1 person likes this.
  9. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

Not all women are there for an ego boost. Some are really wanting to meet someone and date.

I am currently not any dating sites. Time to focus on me. If I meet someone, great.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I recently quit Polymer Optical Fiber

11. Bilby

Just think, some of my pics from my deleted profile might be used on a fake profile for a different country.

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

lol @ dating sites

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Merely, don't think you have all that much to worry about there ;)

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

if women were attracted to intelligent men, there'd probably be a lot more intelligent people in the world

obviously they want to complain about how they are incompatible with their boyfriends

1 person likes this.
  15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I met my last two serious relationships via OKcupid. I mean, not to say there weren't a lot of duds and weirdos on there...I mean there were a few people who messaged me after my four and 1/2 year relationship ended, that had been on the site before that relationship started. I remembered them because they had messaged me before with the same profile, same pics, everything. I got a lot of short messages like "Hi" and "hey wanna hook up". But that was mostly from guys who would copy and paste the same message and send it to everyone hoping they would get a response. Sorry, but if someone wants to talk to me they can personalize a message for me that shows they actually read my profile and are legitimately interested. I managed to find someone because I finally just ignored all the short/unoriginal/rude/creepy messages.

16. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

Plenty of Fish=Plenty of flakes, plenty of fakes, plenty of floozies.

1 person likes this.
  17. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I reject profiles that don't enjoy cuddling. ^_^

18. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

So many fakes on OKCupid, it's ridiculous. They seem to have a ton of bots on that site as well. And POF is just plain ugly. The format sucks. I agree with PressRat, most of them don't seem to be serious about meeting anyone. Such a waste of time. Why even join? The few that are real seem to be only interested in hookups and serial dating.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Thing is, there's a lotta fakes anywhere you enter a URL :D

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    This get noticed after a while, then there's gonna be some new site that focusses on keeping it real, which works for awhile. Then it attracts too many fakes as well because of the popularity and the whole thing starts over again :p