Can't Change My Ip

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Bud D, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

Every once in awhile I like to unplug my internet connection overnight and reset the IP. I got a laptop in December and been using TOR from time to time. Not using TOR for all that much, just some forums here and there. Now I can't reset my IP by unplugging the gear. I've tried leaving it plugged in for over 72 hours then unplugged for 14 or 15 hours. It used to be 14 hours unplugged was enough. It would reset several times a week in the past by doing that.

I've read that if you use TOR your ISP can report you. Seems like bullshit. I use TOR mainly to protect myself from people that steal credit card info and shit like that from the past.

I've made a lot of enemies in the past. All over the damn place. I think someone is trying to build a drug case. I see a plane fly around like it's surveillance during the growing season. That shits been going on for about 4 years now. They have already flown so far this year and it's a good bit too early for anything other than site prep. But I have no plans to grow anything and no seed. I don't even have the money or energy to go about doing something like that. It's really a long story about the bridges I've burned.

So why can't I reset my IP addy by unplugging my gear like I used to. Can they watch what I do with TOR when my IP doesn't change? I would think they would be able to do a lot of things as far as spying goes.

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Talk to your internet service provider. You may not be able to do anything on your own. They can change it with a couple of mouse clicks.

3. Bud D

Bud D Member

I used to be able to change it by unplugging the gear for 14 hours. Just makes me a tad suspicious.

4. RiseUp

RiseUp Members

Hmm. When you say reset, are you trying to revert to a previous IP or just use a new one?

5. Bud D

Bud D Member

Yes new one. I prefer a new IP once a week or more often. I suppose TOR is good enough for some things.

6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i dunno man....sounds to me like DEA has your number and its too late for band aids....

or you are paranoid

probably the latter.....dont get me wrong....paranoia helps me stay out of the popo cars.....but too much can hurt you

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

I'm certain they know where I live. I haven't moved since the last stint on probation. Not up to anything anyway, they just can't give up the temptation of trying to build a case.

If I was up to something, sure I'd be paranoid. But I'm seriously not breaking any laws. I haven't even smoked weed in years. Just beer.

8. skip

skip Founder Administrator

If you have a static IP# it may not change much.

Used to be that new ppl were signing on the Internet everyday.
    Now most ppl are already online, so no reason to assign new IP#s like before.
    Therefore, when you disconnect, they're not gonna reassign your IP# for awhile.
    Just contact your ISP and ask.

BTW, certain ISPs have said they will INFORM users if their data is being requested by LEO.
    That would go against Federal Guidelines for them, but I guess they've finally found their cojones...

1 person likes this.
  9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

I've tried to look at the live radars online to ID the plane. It doesn't show up on there.

It just flies around for hours at a time. Looks just like the DEA or FBI planes that I google and those pics show a camera. They used to pay attention to me more when I would walk my dog. I lived about a mile from the local airport as a kid and never seen a plane fly like this one does. It also sounds a little different than other planes. Not sure if it's the speed they fly (kinda slow). I heard the feds got a bunch of these left over from the Bush buisness plan to invade Iraq.

I know I've pissed off a few people in uniforms. They get super big hard on's going after a smart head like myself. I have one tiny little possession charge for weed but I do have a felony for arson. It was a military recruiter car about a decade ago. I was aquintences with a retired Marine who did Intelligence work. That guy always knew what I was doing online. He still had friends in the service last I knew. Guess he has a lifetime access to priviledge info. I got sick of that shit, also might of smoked PCP that night. Woops, something caught fire.

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Snort much coke these days? Smoke crack?

3 people like this.
  12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Woops, is right. What were you thinking?????!!!!!!!!
    and what do you expect now?

I feel there is one or two that watch everything I do on the computer, and there is no shaking it no matter what i do or don't do. I think mine are just nosey, though. I have nothing to hide....but I know they see every comma I write, and it is very annoying.....I wonder how they would like it.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

who would these people be?....you should be honest and tell a doctor these thoughts of being watched....seriously....its not good

same with op.....no one gives a shit about some druggie small time grower....it costs thousands of dollars to fly a plane around watching you and your dog.....look for a flying school near you

1 person likes this.
  14. Moonglow181

I know it is not you......Rolling....and you should not dismiss what anyone else knows to be true in their heart........like that. That is rude.....I am never rude to you, even though, i cringe at much of what you say.

15. Moonglow181

On second thought, maybe you do have something to do with spying on me, or why else would you get so offensive?...and try to discredit me, as you always do to me..
    What is your stake in it?
    A normal person reacts...,
    Oh, really. What makes you feel that way to try to investigate a little further.... At least that would be my reaction .

Out to take the dogs out now.....who have been waiting very patiently...toodles.

16. quark

quark Parts Unknown

In all fairness, if you can't manually change your IP, you're not going to be able to fend off "intruders". Be good.

17. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Tor is great. However, if you're connecting to it using an IP address that you've used in the past (for whatever business) it's not going to provide the service you're looking for.

1 person likes this.
  18. Bud D

Bud D Member

It's not a flying school. They don't fly around on the hunt like this.

I was spied on before the arson, that's what brought it to happen. Like I said, I new the retired Marine and he could make phone calls that got things done. I've known a few stories and been at the center of some of these. Nobody's ever really believes the stories, unless they know the guy. He's hard to forget. He's also a Trump supporter.

I went to Culver for three summers and graduated from the summer program. I was in a naval company with Tomas Uribe. Google his name and maybe you would understand why Uncle Sam would care that I knew who he was. He had a fake last name there. Lot's of the 1% kids there had fake identities. I was in an acting position in Battalion with a son of at that time CEO of AT&T. Lot's of 1% kids there. Supposedly a princess of Jordan was there for a summer. There was a lot of Colombians there. One was rumored to have a pet Tiger in there house. I've seen movies like blow and it makes you wonder what sort of Colombian has a tiger in there house. Uribe is rumored to have all sorts of drug ties. He was in charge of the aviation of Colombia during the Escobar days.

When I came home from the last summer of summer camp, when Tomas was there. That's when I started noticing people doing odd things like following me around and taking pictures. Then the Marine came around. At one point he wanted to use my money and go to Virginia to grow weed for what he said 'Congress won't give them money for'. He was referring to his military intelligence people. I had even heard him say to a local collage girl that he had been in the CIA building in her home town. Not that all the military does is bad. I know he killed a guy in the former Yugoslavia, that he was sent there to kill. Not all the shit is bad but it was hard on my mental state knowing Frank. He said he bugged my apartment once, for our mutual friends 'security'. I think there was a lot of things behind why he did that. Pretty stupid to do those sort of things but I don't think anyone of them ever got into trouble. I've tried to get them into trouble, tried really hard but nobody gives a shit so for all those that read this that friend them "FUCK YOU".

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

That's my concern and why I like to have my in-house IP change from time to time.

20. quark

quark Parts Unknown

If you're changing it from one IP to the next, it's still hilariously simple to figure out who and where you are.

If it's as bad as you say it is (which I personally doubt), changing your IP address will do nothing... I mean c'mon, IP stuff is child's play... I was changing mine when I was 17 after I'd get banned from this site...

EDIT: I'm not trying to argue.