Woman Has A Solo Wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by Bilby, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Maybe she cant stand the robotic sheeple of today!!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a lot of people can't, but what does that have to do with having a fake wedding?

after a quick scan of the article, it looks like she was just on a journalistic assignment to do a fake wedding in order to write an article about it. which will probably be read by your "robotic sheeple." and the fake weddings themselves seem to revolve around women that want to follow the crowd but haven't succeeded in doing so yet. or in other words, robotic sheeple.

1 person likes this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i wonder if i can marry myself in canada

id do it just to get the car insurance discount they give to married people

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

...you may now kiss the bride

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Fulfilling a desire that harms no one - seems to me a Hippie Credo that; if not encouraged, should be at least, acknowledged as a choice within life which is down to the individual
    (and there have been/and are, much worse life choices been/being made - don't ya think?)

6. MiriMe

MiriMe Members

If this is about celebrating independence, it does seem very strange to do so using an old-fashioned tradition that stems from a time when women were denied any independence...

7. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i thought it was more about "us" and our future family...

8. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

there may be something bigger afoot here than just one's right to freedom of lifestyle. gender relationships have been really taken a hit in recent years. statistically marriage is at a all time low, divorce has skyrocketed, and people are having less and less kids. trends like these makes one wonder just how deeply has the damage been done. are they innocent trends or symptoms of a serious social pathology.

1 person likes this.
  9. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Wonder what her tax bracket will be.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Married, living alone...

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Sure, that is what marriage is about, but not what weddings are about, in my opinion. I worked weddings for years, and while I enjoyed it, I also found it a bit disenchanting. There is something so romantic about a quiet, two person elopement. Just you two sharing your love, no need to have a lavish ceremony, no need to impress tens or hundreds of onlookers. No spending thousands of dollars on one night. Nothing to prove at all.

2 people like this.
  12. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Like Romeo and Juliet.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I wonder what she did on the honeymoon. ;)

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's a wellknown fact lavish ceremonies like weddings are the best to attend as a guest. It could even become romantic! :D (not with the bride please... unless in the case like the OP I guess, since there's no groom anyway :p)

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Some people want to celebrate and share with family and friends.
    It's not all about impressing onlookers, or proving anything.

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Spent hours with her battery powered best friend

Hotwater

17. Asmodean

If you think there's no element of making an impression in the majority of weddings look at the majority of the wedding pics. The obligatory hunt for the 'perfect romantic memory' is usually a climax of clichés. How come? Because they all wanna have (or make) the same impression :p

I think there are some signs at a wedding party of which you can tell if it is really about celebrating and sharing a symbolic event with family and friends or also for a large part about making a big impression or basically showing off your 'perfect' fairytale day. But yeah, they're not mutually exclusive either.

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ahhh okay, now you know what they ALL want or think xD

I am glad I don't have to marry you or YFM xD <3

19. Asmodean

Haha in regards to their wedding pics at least. But no, I'm sure thoughts differ on them as well. It is just that they all look so damn void of inspiration. And at the same time it really is supposed to capture the romance :-D

You don't have to yet, but I plan on making it obligatory.

20. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I didn't read the ariticle in the link. I'm more in a mood to comment than to read what other's are saying.

I think people should be allowed to marry themselves. I've heard a famous idea that some must believe. I think the quote said, "the most important relationship is the one you have with yourselves." I can't remember who said or wrote that.

I think that way of thinking and living can be really great for some people at least some of the time.

All in all, I'm for it.