Random Facts About You ....number 59

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by ROLLINGALONG, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Terrible.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm right handed, but I deal cards left handed.

3. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

Feel a little better today...[​IMG]

I think I have poison ivy on my middle finger...

3 people like this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

home from the other farm.work is progressing towards raising it on the weekend hopefully....supports for the outer parts not being raised are now in place...severing the beams of the outer parts next...

I also cut the grass there....about 6 hours worth

5. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

I got my yard mowed yesterday...Weatherman says it going to rain this afternoon...

Mopped the kitchen floor, waiting got it to dry...

1 person likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Will it get tracked up from the rain?

7. Aerianne

I got one little patch on my wrist during the Winter, because I touched a vine.

Three or four weeks ago, I started slowly breaking out on my chest and upper back. It's spread to a few on my upper arms, thighs, calves, and shins.

I think I have a mild case of systemic poison ivy. I've never done this before but I know people who have.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's all in your mind...

9. Aerianne

It is? Seriously?

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The oil in poison ivy is actually not harmful to the human body... Your immune system thinks it looks harmful so it goes on attack. It's the immune system that causes the reaction.

That's why some people can rip the stuff out by the roots and never get a rash and others can get it from seeing a photo of the plant. It's all in the head.

By the way... Use Witch Hazel on the rash.

3 people like this.
  11. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

It could be. I don't know for sure but psychosomatic responses can be very powerful and likewise....perhaps in the opposite way as well. I've always heard/read that nobody is truly immune to poison ivy. I've spent well over 20 years in the woods at work (and being a kid in the woods)...walking around poison ivy, climbing countless trees that were covered with it. I do try not to let it touch my skin while climbing but otherwise, I ignore it completely. I don't think much about it and I don't think I've ever been affected by it even once. A fluke? Maybe....who knows?

12. Wizardofodd

Posted while I was typing out my above post. Makes sense.

13. Aerianne

My next door neighbor could weed it out of her yard using her bare hands and never got it.

Hubby use to break out every spring but just on his upper arms. He said his mom would break out like that too.

I don't really know what the rash is, but it seems very similar to poison ivy. I don't have it on my neck, face, trunk, buttocks, thankfully! It's just a weird thing.

I haven't had any Witch Hazel. I've mostly been covering it in rubbing alcohol.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i guess we could say the same about peanuts because some people can eat them just fine and not die

15. Aerianne

The body's antihistamine reactions are so random.

Back when I was going through my 2 year divorce, I became sensitive to red dye, citric acid, and peanuts. I was never sensitive to them before and I'm not sensitive to them now.

Red Dye gave me huge hives on my trunk. Citric Acid made my Esophagus spasm and tighten up. Peanuts gave me little itchy bumps on my hands and feet.

I had to carry around an EpiPen and I had to use it several times.

I went to the allergy doctor and got those million pricks in the back for testing. I wasn't allergic - just "sensitive".

I took prednisone for a very long time until some young doc was brilliant enough to change me to Pepcid because it's a Beta blocker or some such...It blocks histamine action.

You know what?

We may have just solved my rash problem!

I need to get some Pepcid.

1 person likes this.
  16. Wizardofodd

On the topic of work but not the topic of poison......this week was the first full week of my younger son working for me. He's spent time out there before but now he's full-time. It was tough to see my older son leave but my younger son really has always been the one who wanted it and was tough enough to do the job. I bought him his first set of climbing gear when he was about 6 (to climb with me), he went up in a boom for the first time (with me) when he was even younger than that.

This first week has gone very well.

5 people like this.
  17. Wizardofodd

I think the difference is that some people actually have allergies to peanuts and some don't. That isn't the same as poison ivy.....assuming nobody is truly immune.

18. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

like Louis ck said....all we have to do is look the other way for like 2 years and all peanut allergy people will be dead and no more peanut allergies

I had to look up hives on the web md site on account I am blessed with good health....my goodness gracious they sound nasty.......

1 person likes this.
  19. deleted

deleted Visitor

weird wording coincidence before the airline crash..

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

L.CK won Jeopardy the other night..
    I have to say many this weeks round of questions were easy.