Blue Ghost

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Spagelo's Double, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Spagelo's Double

Spagelo's Double Newbie

"Blue ghost is got me, they done s'round my home. Black cat and owl give me symp'thy, they's a-come keep po' ol' me comp'ny. Blue ghosts is got sha'guns an' pis'ols, I fe'l myself sinkin' down. I been livin' here three blue years, they been haunt'n ever since. They don't want no dark, them mean ol' blue ghosts want me gone. Gonna take me to the fruit tree tonigh'..."

I'm not sure what to make of it. I have some guesses, but I'd like to hear from y'all first.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah.... It happens.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

whoever you're quoting struggles with grammar.

or is it "whomever?" apparently i struggle a little bit too.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Blue Ghost Blues

by Lonnie Johnson

Mmmmmm, something cold is creepin' around.
    Mmmmmm, something cold is creepin' around.
    Blue Ghost is got me, I feel myself sinkin' down.

Black cat and a owl, come to keep my company.
    Black cat and a owl, comes to keep my company.
    He understands my troubles, mmm, and sympathize with me.

I been in this haunted house, for three long years today.
    I been in this haunted house, for three long years today.
    Blue Ghost is got my shack surrounded, oh Lord, and I can't get away.

I feel cold arms around me, and ice lips upon my cheeks.
    I feel cold arms around me, ice lips upon my cheeks.
    My lover is dead, how plainly plain I can hear her speak.

Oh Lonnie, oh Lonnie …oh Lonnie, sweet Lonnie
    That's my baby …

My windows begin rattlin', my doorknob is turnin' ‘round an' ‘round.
    My windows is rattlin', doorknob is turnin' ‘round an' ‘round.
    My lover's ghost is got me, and I know my time won't be long.

1 person likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So the mystery has been solved – and while the following has no basis in scientific fact – blue orbs indicate the presence of a spirit guide

Hotwater

6. Spagelo's Double

Spagelo's Double Newbie

Hmm... I guess that would probably be it, or at least be related to it?

This was not found on the internet, it was on an old, beat up piece of paper with that little... poem or whatever it might be scrawled on it, in what I think is pencil. I got it from my cousin, who collects old books, letters, and writings. I found it while looking through his collection with him. He had a bunch of these old papers in plastic seals, they were war letters home, old military communication telegrams, songwriting, paper scraps, notes, and scribbles, basically anything that catches his eye when he goes searching for this kind of thing. Apparently, he got some books that were printed in the 1920's, 30's, and 40's from this black family in New Orleans selling off some of their old shit out of their garage, and in one of these books (it was some poetry book printed in the early 20's), he found that little note. So, because of my interest, he decided I could keep it, which was pretty neat-o. And if what I'm hearing is true, and it is actually related to that song, I might have one of Lonnie's early drafts to Blue Ghost Blues.

On to the meaning. I don't actually think it has anything to do with spirits, I think it has to do with a different kind of ghost. Tell me, what kind of ghost doesn't want any dark, and they want you gone (because you're dark, probably), so they "haunt" you for 3 years until they eventually surround your house with shotguns and pistols with the intent of taking you to a tree?

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i don't think wearing a sheet makes a biggot a ghost, but i can see where that might be a way of making reference to them in song written sometime back in the 1920s or whenever it was.
    interesting, but not exactly bizaar other then perhaps a bizaar and abbarant form of "human" behavior.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Casper?

[​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  9. Spagelo's Double

Spagelo's Double Newbie

I wouldn't necessarily say it's weird or bizarre as much as it it's just mysterious, as I don't know what in the Sam Hill it actually is.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i love the strange, not because some people want it to be scary, but because its strange. statistically there's too much rightfully scary that isn't strange at all, to see what is as being so.
    more people are victims of crimes committed by people they know, then by complete strangers to them. that's a simple fact. so by comparison, to me, strange things are just mostly harmless and cool.
    i have a couple of ghost friends and i love them and they love me. or at least one anyway. probably more then one. i just don't see why ghosts are anything people feel to be a problem.
    you know, maybe if people have a problem with strangeness, its their conscience bugging them about doing so.