Missing Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by frozenfun, Feb 12, 2016.

1. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

Have any of you females, had your male partners miss Valentine's Day? Like they didn't spend the day with you, or they didn't have flowers and candy sent to you, or didn't even call, text, video chat with you for Valentine's Day? What were your feeling towards them for doing this? Did they make it up to you and celebrate Valentine's Day on another day? Would you stay with them even if they didn't do anything for you on Valentine's? What are your thoughts?

2. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

So no one has any thoughts.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

If Valentines day is important to you, and your partner knows that it's important, and he makes NO effort whatsoever, than that's a red flag. I probably wouldn't break up with someone over something like that alone, but it would certainly make me think about my relationship.

Those are my thoughts.

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'm not much into official calendar holidays. I'll take a great day whenever I can get one. Standard holidays are mostly social competitions.

Do you have any idea how much the prices of roses goes down on February 15? Yet they look exactly the same.

2 people like this.
  5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm the partner that forgets.

Mostly this has been just fine with my partners.

6. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

Yeah my Boyfriend and I have talked our Valentine's Day and we will work through it and make things work. :)

7. audrey_the_endotherm

audrey_the_endotherm Members

If a man requires a day like Valentines Day to buy me flowers, or candy, or spend time with me, and tell me that he loves me. Then I am not impressed.

If he does it on any ordinary day, that's when it has significance.

1 person likes this.
  8. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I forgot to buy a card, but I made up for it by making love to her three times that day.

1 person likes this.
  9. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

Hahaha nice.

10. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

Maybe next year when Valentine's Day arrives, that one will be different for a change? Only time will tell....

11. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

For many couples Valentine's Day is just another day. They do not need a special day to shower their partner with love and affection, because they do it throughout the year. Valentines Day is largely a commercial holiday that raises expectations and obligations, and often leaves people feeling dejected, and disappointed. My husband and I might do something special for each other, or not, but neither of us gets offended or upset about it if it gets forgotten. We have another 364 days in the year to be romantic and loving towards one another. To me, getting flowers or a special gift on a random day is somehow more meaningful, because he wasn't feeling obligated to meet up to some societal expectation to get me a gift on that specific day. Instead, he got it because he was thinking about me and wanted to do something romantic. I do the same for him. Its worked for 17 years so far.

1 person likes this.
  12. frozenfun

frozenfun Members

Oh I see. well to me Valentine's Day means a lot to me and shows to me how my partner really feels about me.

13. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

My boyfriend and I don't do anything for valentines day anymore really. We do celebrate post valentine's sale chocolate buying fest day though. We've been together for a few years now and after the first one it wasn't really a big deal.