Life In The Chat Lane

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Karen_J, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Picking up where we left off...

Darrell is too much in love with the sound of his own voice. When he's on TV, you couldn't get him to shut up for a million dollars.

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

boogity boogity ..

1 person likes this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we got hit with the damn snow....the lake is freezing finally...brrrrr cold

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

crickets..

5. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

it always starts off a bit slow.

i think im going to end up making the bag, i have lots of other pairs of jeans to upcycle, and the pockets will get better use for holding baby stuff.

but i will still make denim boots. i have 4 pairs of soles to upcycle. one will be orange wool made from a hat the dog chewed a hole in.

2 people like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

5 people like this.
  7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Now to make sure I do not lose my mind.........:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04176XP9Ij0

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My car overheated last night and the dash board went nuts and it was pegged to red, and so we had to call the roadside and it was half an hour but we were okay and after checked everything he said he honest could not see anything that stood out as wrong. It hasn't done it since. He said he could only think of a air pocket not letting the coolant in. Im going to book in for a service. It's coming up for a major service anyway.

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

probably want to flush your coolant ..

snow squall was pretty thick couldnt see across the street..

10. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

But he was so good in Cars. lol

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Darrel Cartrip. :D Big dirty Michael needs to come out of the closet already. He can hug his daughter all he wants but he ain't foolin' me.

Unlimited race is on in like 5 hours. Yay!!!! Awesome!!!! Valentine's Day too.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've just come out of a really big deep sleep of close to 14 hours. So I feel really awake and also really good right now. :) well knowing me it's not a straight 14 hours sleep but probably 12 hours with two hours of restlessness. But nevertheless, rest is rest and I do need my rest evidently. I think unloading that shipping container of pallets just wore me down a couple of days ago and then, I really go no sleep on the Friday night, no rest at all and was up early in a zombie state. After I feel asleep on the couch and then I was woken up to move to bed I was so out of it and like it was an effort being awake to walk to my bedroom was an effort. It was so hard, it felt like an hour wobbling to the room and then when I hit the bed that was it until I woke up a couple of hours ago.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think im well in need of a steak now or some sort of iron.. stuff.. for my blood or something. I remember when I was younger I liked it when I bled, I always liked the taste of my own blood. The really red blood. i can't even really remember the last time I bled.. Like, an injury or cut even I don't seem to bleed anymore hehe. Anyway, steak! Yes! Or some sort of BBQ. Maybe sausages. Maybe kebab sticks... Maybe even pork. I just don't know. Everything sounds nice right now. I just made a caramel coffee :) and gulped it in 4 swigs. ;)

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

just the usual excitement

probably be here sniping nooberss

15. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i was washing dishes and cut my thumb on a fork.

i told hubby ive been feeling really depressed lately. i dont think he knows what to do. neither do i, really. just fake it until i come out the other side. theres just a lot to deal with, and i feel stuck. depression sucks. i just want to snuggle my family and ignore everything else.

3 people like this.
  16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

The last few weeks to a month Mama has asked me "Do you hear that music???" I'm like WTH? "no...no music, Mama."

She won't say anything else and then will ask another day or later are you SURE you don't hear anything, no music.

There won't even be a car driving by with music blaring, which is possible...although I didn't think it possible for her to hear that.

She told me the other night she has even gone outside, trying to "track down where its coming from". She very distinctly hears it coming from the left and outside. "Like a radio". When I quizzed her about what it sounded like, she said "oh you know, music" :rofl: I'm like "good music; loud brashy music, piano, singing, what?"

She says "oh its nice music. Very beautiful. Like an orchestra".

I first thought :yikes: Then I sort of laughed and told her "I'm not sure I want to hear all that. good grief!" She laughed

But then I told her...no really...tell me next time you hear it again.

mercysakes :-O

1 person likes this.
  17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Now, ML, I want to hear something about those soles and how in the world you upcycle soles and make denim boots. Have you always known about this? Is there a site? There are SO many places that supposedly give instructions and then after I listen and watch through a bunch of junk (eating up data), I have realized I want to go to watch DIY vids only when I know I'm actually going to benefit from them. lol

I trust your information. :)

This sounds like something I'd be interested in doing is why I'm so interested.

18. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i have a couple of links that should get creative juices flowing, lol. if theres anything in particular i can point you in a direction. im waiting for the right sweater to come around. i was originally looking for a sort of ultimate house shoe/ boot pattern, but of course i need a proper sole so i can chase a dog or get the mail. and i hate throwing things out. so i have plenty of old shoes where the dogs chewed the uppers.

depending on how much shoe upper you have left, or how the shoe fits in the first place, would alter your pattern slightly. i have one pair of super crappy flats that are way tight across the top of my foot. so im removing most of the upper, and probably going to fold down the canvas a bit, and anchor my new uppers to that.

when i do get around to doing my own i will take pictures, that way you will know its legit :)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Upcycled-Sweater-Boots/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L04l0iD6Uvc

3 people like this.
  19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I just watched all of that - the vids and that link. That was Very Interesting. All I can think of is what do I have that I could do this with...some flat loafers (not canvas) that are too tight across the top and I don't like the way they fit at the ankle either. lol Anway, I think a good (cheap) pair of canvas flats would be where to start. Not these leather (or imitation leather) things I have. lol

Those seriously have me wanting to do something now! That 1st pair (the link) looked like nice fancy boots. I like the 2nd pair too though and would wear either pair. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

welcome to the dark side. you could probably still use the loafers, just trim off the top leaving about half an inch- 1 inch all the way around. then you can add a whole new upper to that, either attached with that bit of loafer on the outside like a trim, or attach it to the outside with that sort of inside out method. i will keep an eye out for more links, and as soon as i get to making things i will get some pictures.

i have to save the soles. she always chews my most comfy shoes. the somes are still good, and thats the part i walk on!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.