What A Long Strange Journey It Has Been...

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by WandersofaWildflower, Feb 9, 2016.

1. WandersofaWildflower

WandersofaWildflower Members

A little about me and my story- I am a woman healing from multiple chemical sensitivity and lyme disease. I currently have a housesit position and am looking to improve my life. I am trying to raise funds to send myself to herbal school and get on my feet before my housesit situation is up. Also looking for other potential housesits in the meantime. I started a fundraiser to explain my situation. To be honest I am barely getting by and trying to get my life together.

A little about me and story..

I contracted lyme disease at the age of fifteen. I started developing strange symptoms from depersonalization, bells palsy (facial paralysis), and a small round rash. I saw a doctor that was not educated in lyme disease and I was misdiagnosed with something similar to the common cold. I went years to different doctors and never could come up with any conclusive diagnosis- or given random misdiagnosis.

I started to wonder if my neurological problems that were lyme induced (unknowingly) if I was simply going crazy. I started trying different psychiatric medications prescribed by a psychiatrist- only to never experience real improvement or a worsening of symptoms.

Eventually I became so desperate I started to research more natural healing modalities. I started to change my diet- cutting out gluten and dairy. I noticed dramatic improvement's. I was a smoker in my youth and I started to notice my head would bob like I had Parkinson's. I started researching more. Eventually I found out about lyme disease symptoms and the link with gluten online. I pretty much was able to diagnosis myself from the list of symptom's including the bells palsy, round rash, and the fact I went to boarding school in Connecticut (lyme is prevalent in many areas of the country yet when I was bitten I was in a lyme epidemic area for summer school) The doctor who first saw me was after I had returned home to the southeast..

I have spent years healing myself from Lyme. At one point I was unable to hardly climb a flight of stairs. I am doing much better and I have a life again. I have gone through almost my entire life savings getting well. Due to compromised immunity I developed a condition called multiple chemical sensitivity. Here is a link to a preview to a documentary on what it is like to live with MCS
    http://homesick-video.com/
    I was forced to move out of the house I was living in that had recently been remodeled and live in a car for years. Eventually I had to part with the car and was homeless or "home in the world"- depending on your perspective. I am incredibly driven and I did try to make the most of my situation- I traveled on foot even with little to nothing. I have certainly lived- this is not all a sob story. A huge thing that helped me in healing was not only natural methods but I was so desperate at one point I said prayer for a healer to be sent in my life. I was dramatically healed after working with a shaman for a period of time. I went from not assimilating anything other than raw diet to eating cooked foods again. I went from barely climbing stairs to being able to eventually hike again.
    Nature is my passion and natural healing modalities. I have tried many different healing modalities and I don't want to ramble on too much about that in this campaign- you are welcome to write me and ask questions. Everything from mainstream medicine, integrative, to more far out methods in todays society such as shamanism and energetic healing.

Another huge help was the decision to move to Colorado to try the cannabis oil that was also curing seizures, cancer and became known in the Lyme community. I believe this oil (phoenix tears) also helped save my life.

To sum all of this up. I am now working odd jobs to feed myself and barely scraping by. I dream of helping others with the knowledge and wisdom I have learned from this illness- which also I could say I worked with what I had and learned so much about health, diet, nutrition, herbalism, spiritual and energy healing modalities. I am trying to raise money to send myself to herbal school. I am looking at different schools in different areas of the country and I would prefer to stay in the west. Tuition is around 6500 for the ones I am interested in.. I would like to raise a little more if possible for living expenses.

Eventually I dream to work with low income people on a sliding scale basis- I see the incredible need for affordable holistic health care (I can no longer afford it myself). I dream to build a sustainable small green home and work out of my home- I am barely getting by now and I need help. I have no family that can support me and it is pretty just me and the world. I am stressed week to week about simply feeding myself. I am getting odd jobs where I can find them. I don't have the credentials on paper most have at my age after years of illness

I am able to hike and enjoy my again and I am still on my healing journey- but finally able to go to school after almost 15 years of illness. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it.

I plan a wilderness solo potentially soon and any extra will help go towards good gear for my expedition. I am thinking 500.00 will cover my gear. Nature has always been a great source of therapy/healing for me. I have a hard time resonating with people after the life I have lived yet a great love and ability to get along with many different types and classes.

I mention the wilderness expedition not to get off track but to be honest with what I want to use the funds for..

I feel to reintegrate I need some time to recharge in nature and maybe remember what I have "forgotten"- I have extensive training both self taught from long distance section hiking the Appalachian trail and other wilderness trails in the country. I also spent time in my teens living in a tipi in the Idaho wilderness.

Its about time for something good to happen and a big door to open. I plan to document some of my journey with a gopro. I hope the community will see me as a resilient soul and someone who truly needs a helping hand now but will certainly pay it forward.

https://www.gofundme.com/longjourney​

In the meantime I am also open to different job opportunities in the west that are chemical (don't use harsh cleaning chemicals) something outdoors, the right opportunity, potential intentional communities etc.. if you cannot help financially open to other ideas and opportunities. I am still healing somewhat and I have a difficult time working your typical 9-5. I spent years living off grid and making the most of my situation hoping to be self sustaining again and have a sustainable and creative life soon. I am grateful for all the ground and adventure I have covered. A little about me and my story- I am a woman healing from multiple chemical sensitivity and lyme disease. I currently have a housesit position and am looking to improve my life. I am trying to raise funds to send myself to herbal school and get on my feet before my housesit situation is up. Also looking for other potential housesits in the meantime. I started a fundraiser to explain my situation. To be honest I am barely getting by and trying to get my life together

Craigslist will not let me link my campaign but you can email for a direct link if you are willing to help. (I made a campaign on one of the popular crowd fundraising sites but craigslist will not let me link it seems) I would really appreciate the read. Thanks so much.
    A little about me and story..

I contracted lyme disease at the age of fifteen. I started developing strange symptoms from depersonalization, bells palsy (facial paralysis), and a small round rash. I saw a doctor that was not educated in lyme disease and I was misdiagnosed with something similar to the common cold. I went years to different doctors and never could come up with any conclusive diagnosis- or given random misdiagnosis.

I started to wonder if my neurological problems that were lyme induced (unknowingly) if I was simply going crazy. I started trying different psychiatric medications prescribed by a psychiatrist- only to never experience real improvement or a worsening of symptoms.

Eventually I became so desperate I started to research more natural healing modalities. I started to change my diet- cutting out gluten and dairy. I noticed dramatic improvement's. I was a smoker in my youth and I started to notice my head would bob like I had Parkinson's. I started researching more. Eventually I found out about lyme disease symptoms and the link with gluten online. I pretty much was able to diagnosis myself from the list of symptom's including the bells palsy, round rash, and the fact I went to boarding school in Connecticut (lyme is prevalent in many areas of the country yet when I was bitten I was in a lyme epidemic area for summer school) The doctor who first saw me was after I had returned home to the southeast..

I have spent years healing myself from Lyme. At one point I was unable to hardly climb a flight of stairs. I am doing much better and I have a life again. I have gone through almost my entire life savings getting well. Due to compromised immunity I developed a condition called multiple chemical sensitivity. Here is a link to a preview to a documentary on what it is like to live with MCS
    http://homesick-video.com/
    I was forced to move out of the house I was living in that had recently been remodeled and live in a car for years. Eventually I had to part with the car and was homeless or "home in the world"- depending on your perspective. I am incredibly driven and I did try to make the most of my situation- I traveled on foot even with little to nothing. I have certainly lived- this is not all a sob story. A huge thing that helped me in healing was not only natural methods but I was so desperate at one point I said prayer for a healer to be sent in my life. I was dramatically healed after working with a shaman for a period of time. I went from not assimilating anything other than raw diet to eating cooked foods again. I went from barely climbing stairs to being able to eventually hike again.
    Nature is my passion and natural healing modalities. I have tried many different healing modalities and I don't want to ramble on too much about that in this campaign- you are welcome to write me and ask questions. Everything from mainstream medicine, integrative, to more far out methods in todays society such as shamanism and energetic healing.

Another huge help was the decision to move to Colorado to try the cannabis oil that was also curing seizures, cancer and became known in the Lyme community. I believe this oil (phoenix tears) also helped save my life.

To sum all of this up. I am now working odd jobs to feed myself and barely scraping by. I dream of helping others with the knowledge and wisdom I have learned from this illness- which also I could say I worked with what I had and learned so much about health, diet, nutrition, herbalism, spiritual and energy healing modalities. I am trying to raise money to send myself to herbal school. I am looking at different schools in different areas of the country and I would prefer to stay in the west. Tuition is around 6500 for the ones I am interested in.. I would like to raise a little more if possible for living expenses.

Eventually I dream to work with low income people on a sliding scale basis- I see the incredible need for affordable holistic health care (I can no longer afford it myself). I dream to build a sustainable small green home and work out of my home- I am barely getting by now and I need help. I have no family that can support me and it is pretty just me and the world. I am stressed week to week about simply feeding myself. I am getting odd jobs where I can find them. I don't have the credentials on paper most have at my age after years of illness

I am able to hike and enjoy my again and I am still on my healing journey- but finally able to go to school after almost 15 years of illness. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it.

I plan a wilderness solo potentially soon and any extra will help go towards good gear for my expedition. I am thinking 500.00 will cover my gear. Nature has always been a great source of therapy/healing for me. I have a hard time resonating with people after the life I have lived yet a great love and ability to get along with many different types and classes.

I mention the wilderness expedition not to get off track but to be honest with what I want to use the funds for..

I feel to reintegrate I need some time to recharge in nature and maybe remember what I have "forgotten"- I have extensive training both self taught from long distance section hiking the Appalachian trail and other wilderness trails in the country. I also spent time in my teens living in a tipi in the Idaho wilderness.

Its about time for something good to happen and a big door to open. I plan to document some of my journey with a gopro. I hope the community will see me as a resilient soul and someone who truly needs a helping hand now but will certainly pay it forward.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

can you summarize that up in a few sentences, paragraph or less.

2 people like this.