What Hosting Service Do You Recommend?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by ljennings, Feb 9, 2016.

1. ljennings

ljennings Members

I'm thinking of starting a website and am interested in your opinion of hosting? I've heard horrible things about GoDaddy hosting, so has anyone had good experience there?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i had no problem with godaddy.

not saying there's not much better, i just had no problems with them.

3. ljennings

ljennings Members

Thanks for the tip -- I'll probably just have to pick one and test it out myself, seems like a lot of the cheaper ones get mixed reviews

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

If you don't mind waiting a few days to get a domain registered, you can get a .com for 99 cents at 1and1. I would host my site myself with something like a raspberry pi running cpanel.

5. Sun Dog

Sun Dog Members

I personally use and advocate for use of gandi (if you haven't chose one already). As a company, I find them forward-thinking and I've had no problems with them. They are based in France though, so I find reading some of the documentation on their site to be a little awkward, but it's nothing to steer clear of. They're really good!

6. dharmabummer

dharmabummer Members

I'd second that as a quick and easy hosting service option. Just make sure you check what exactly you need and want aheiad, although that's pretty easy on their homepage!