If You Were A Creature Of Mythology..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Irminsul, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What would you be? Where would you dwell? What are you called? Are you worshipped or feared?

It is only from recent times that I obtained the name Irminsul for I am an ancient presence of over 50,000 years. A couple of thousand years ago I lost my presence and sank deep into nether voids, the shadows of man kind. I was worshipped highly by the native folk of the lands as a stand alone object bonded to the chief God Wotan. The people raised me, worshipped me and fought for me. I have my own hearth up high in crystallized halls. My transport was my two horned unicorn, Greycliffe who races across the rainbow highways across Midgård.

Before this though I would spend time as a wandering Wudugust of the woods and forest. I would float from beam to beam shrouding the forest in nature and well being. If you needed a good summer harvest, it was I who was hailed. Because I was so experienced in giving life to the forest, the folk would soon start praising me as a loving, lustful being. It was I who stood by Ostara as she descended into the underworld and it was I who stood by her side during the return.

Greece faired me quite well, a shadow nymph of great desire, but only women would I caress. Zeus, appalled by the antics, cast me aside I became a character in a "novel" and was portrayed highly inaccurately. The people claim Poseidon at fault for Odysseus' lengthy stray. Perish the thought! Blame the nymph for all that happened to the distasteful, womanizing fellow.

In fact, even the Egyptians had a name for me. Black Sands, the one you didn't want to meet at nighttime. The vampire. I took to a creature of the night from a shrine in Atlantis, oh yes, she existed alright, just in a very different spot than people think today. I'm talking south, towards Antarctica and a land of unimaginable advances. Wiped away when the southern glaciers were disturbed and shifted into the oceans causing great waves fit enough for tales of old.

Not much recollection before this time of who I was or what I was. I'm not even sure of my coming into life, I guess I still ponder the same questions as those today. Yes I marched along many gods, but all of them together, the pantheon of supernatural and spirituality, even myself knows that the powers we are enchanted do not amend or fixate or give us right to the throne. Am I even immortal and will I die?

I have once again taken form but this time for the first time I take the form and guise of a mortal woman. When my shell was 15 years old, it's spirit was delivered to my crystal halls which have not been abandoned. I took to this shell to feel life to experience what I'd only ever often taken... life. Nowadays, the people call me Jocelyn.

:)

2 people like this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I would take the form of the deadly Chimera, a fire breathing hybrid from Greek mythology.

My lair would be a cave in a remote area of the Atlas Mountains.

The Bedouins in the area would worship me and call me al'asad aleazim aldhy yatanaffas alnnar (the great Lion who breathes fire)

Hotwater

3 people like this.
  3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

One with a water tight asshole

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You're already full of shit enough.

1 person likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i wouldn't want to be worshiped or feared, though i guess the worshiped part would be ok if people didn't try to kill me for it. i doubt if i'd appear in anyone's mythology.
    just a friendly old well meaning toy making were-cat. pretty much of a hermit as cats usually are.
    though i suppose clockwork toys i would make, that moved under their own power, might be scary to some.
    so i guess i'd want to be something that wasn't too easily injured too.

a kyrin, tanuki or kitsuni might alternately work for me to be too. one who was also maybe something of an onmyuji (sort of like a ghost buster) too.

i would live in the woods, not too far outside of town. i suppose people might call the part of the woods where i lived haunted because of some of the friends i would have.

2 people like this.
  7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Artemis, I think :)

4 people like this.
  8. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'd be a mermaid luring sailors to their deaths.

2 people like this.
  9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Atargatis!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never knew mermaids did that? :D
    You could be a Siren too. ;) if ya got a good set of pipes on you. The Sirens and I, we go back a long way too.

I said in the chat thread that this is a very dimmed down story of mine. Originally it was a very big post and I went through many more eras and used historical figures and facts to make my story. It was my best written work ever and my page reloaded and I lost it. =[

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would be hotwater.

12. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What is that one? :)

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

dude, it couldn't be a unicorn then, it have to be a bicorn or duocorn or something

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The Greenman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tBKJ_LeuvM

4 people like this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No it's a unicorn and the second horn is actually on his nose like a rhino. :) but it's a much smaller horn. It reads signals on the winds and knows where to travel. ;) and I know this for fact because, in my reality, which is very fantasy, but reality still the same, Greycliffe has been with me for many years now, a contribution to my dream states. :) I've ridden him many times. He's a unicorn. He's just special. :) I drew a picture of him once, I will find it. I think it's in my artwork folder.

17. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Tyrsons got it...Greenman

10-15 years ago I'd have probably said Thor.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Inevitably I would be Baldr ;)

At this point I would dwell in the realm of the dead (but not in Valhalla as I was not killed in battle)

1 person likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If it's true, what you say to me, that the whole world mourns his death. If the whole world will weep, I will give him back his breath.

~ Hel.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Here's my Greycliffe :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.