Pet Peeves - Lets List Them!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Ashalicious, Feb 7, 2016.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

people that whine about anything and everything

1 person likes this.
  2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

People who don't respect my privacy
    Passive Aggressive
    Self Righteousness, you know does that say something along the lines of " hey i give to the poor and i have less money than you. So there is no reason why you shouldn't." I hate people like that.
    Fake Apologies
    Optimism to the point where it becomes fake and unrealistic. You know, those who are too afraid to encounter anything negative so they sugar coat everything with a fake smile and peachy, positive persona.

Oh yeah this too. I had a few bad experiences.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I really hate people who dont understand the purpose of the left lane of a freeway. These people are numerous around here.

Really, anyone who disobeys any traffic rule. I'm all for breaking rules but not in traffic. Traffic rules are meant to keep traffic running smoothly. Except for the speed limit of course. The maximum speed limit really means the minimum speed limit, everyone should know this. Why the hell do people drive so slow.

I have a bad commute.

4. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Oh my god this one KILLS me. Like, WHY would you drive in the HOV lane at the same speed of traffic as the cars in the other lanes?

1 person likes this.
  5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

the government works for you... you can demand change

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You mean something like this............

https://youtu.be/BYYFUApBwGk

Hotwater

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Wow, how lazy can one person get?

Only in America....

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Whenever I read anything written in Comic Sans.

That font needs to be banned from existence.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There are people at my work who use this font for the signature in their work email. It really annoys me, i dont think i've used this font since windows 95

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Exactly

In my line of work, using comic sans is career suicide. There's a very good reason why thriving businesses don't use it on their logo or their business cards. The one good thing about comic sans is that it helps you identify who the amateur designers are immediately.

12. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

The word pet peeve, makes no damn sense, you could use irritation or aggravation or like a million other fucking words, i have no clue why people feel the need to make up new stupid words for things that already have words to describe them. like peers, its not necessary, they are your colleagues or acquaintances. Are these words used in England? I feel like they are not and it's just dumb America at its finest again (I may be from England but haven't been back since i was like 10).

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

When the big pups bites my toe.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh good, i'm glad someone revived this thread because I thought of another one the other day

People who back into parking spaces. Just..why

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ because it's easier than backing out...

1 person likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think it is at all, thats why i've never understood it

17. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

When putting your key in the ignition trying to get to work and the battery is Dead!
    First words are usually WTF! and AYFKM!

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i really think backing in is easier, for two main reasons. 1) since the steering comes from the front wheels, backing into a space just requires you to get the back in the right spot, and from there you just straighten the front end out. when pulling in forward, you steer from the front so you naturally end up cutting closer to the cars on either side, and if you don't line it up right in the first place, there's really no correcting it without backing out and trying again.

i'm not sure how well i explained that, but number 2 is more important anyway. 2) when backing in, you are backing into an empty space. when backing out, you are potentially backing into traffic. and since most everyone drives a massive truck or SUV with tinted windows, your view is usually completely blocked and it's impossible to see if traffic is coming until you as the driver are fully out of the space. so when pulling out, you go forward a couple feet and you can see what you're doing. when backing out, your vehicle is almost completely out of the space before you can even see if someone is flying through the parking lot toward you.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe people don't actually back in like you think though. Lol.

I don't, but I do agree it's easier to drive out Nose first but if I find a park that I can drive through then I will, and then it looks like I've backed in but I really haven't. :)

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Meh. I deem your explanation worthy, undies, but i think it will still be a pet peeve for me

Irm, i do the same with pulling through to the second space, but it really started bugging me at work where there are only single spaces and then the sidewalk, so i know those fuckers are backing in lol