Modern Twist On 60S/70S Music

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Hipchick86, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Hipchick86

Hipchick86 Members

People have discussed on many online forums how they'd like to hear a resurgence of rock music. LIttle music nowadays contains any bit of instrumentation or original songwriting. I've been singing for over a year and have taken lessons in the East Bay. I've come over to the side of rock n roll music. I'm working with my boyfriend Haji, a well trained guitarist, on this project. We are trying to capture the essence of 60s/70s music and put our own modern interpretation on it. I'm a poet by training, and have had Haji adopt my poetic free writes to song format. American Doll is the name of the album, lending itself to a typical interpretation, yet there is a difference in what is being created. I want to peel away this image of America and dig into what is hiding from us all. Darkness and light weave through each piece. The song "American Doll," set in a "The End" Jim Morrison style encapsulates the pink fantasy world American girls live in and the reality outside, which they seldom face. Another song called "Marilyn Smile" uncovers the true life of an incredible American icon. I am committed to funneling into society's subconscious. I want music to be real art again in this world. Our band name is The Sexplosives. We've created five or six original recordings so far in our home space. Stay tuned for more of The Sexplosives and our musical mystical journey! Peace to all! :daisy: 12400510_778195222312961_8908827451154716067_n.jpg 12418005_778329678966182_2362695134143106437_n.jpg

2. Thonatyhu

Thonatyhu Members

Where can I listen to some of the band songs?