Domestic Violence, Uk Taking It Serious At Last!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Jan 21, 2016.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. Inga

Inga Member

my initial reaction is one of indifference, the facebook article is so shallow in its perception of a serious issue. painting ones nails as an appeal for help? how are you supposed to react? If i ever bothered to familiarize myself with facebook ettiquete and was aware of this i'd wonder why (instead of painting nails) the women hadn't shopped the perpetrator to the police....yes, they do have there uses. on a more serious level i wonder why women so often seek the endorsement of men with problems. are we so lacking in self respect that we need this? much of this is connected with social conditioning and (inevitably) class and this where it ceases to be a feminist issue and one of class.

3. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

I think this might work?

Domestic abuse hits very, very close to home. My father was abusive to my mother. She was able to have the strength to leave. My beloved niece was brutally beat by her boyfriend. Anything that helps victims is worth a try...in my opinion

4. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

So why haven't all Muslims been arrested for promoting domestic violence by using Sharia law as a so called authority? Likewise all those idiots who are into "honour killings"?

Re the article, what a load of crap!
    And why does she assume/suggest all victims of domestic violence are women. I've heard about guys with lunatic women who threaten to stab, even murder them and shit..

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anonymous by........not putting a black dot on her hand?

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Hmm...at the end it does say that if they forgot to wash the mark off and the abuser saw it more abuse could ensue from that. So I'm not sure. My advice would be to seek advice or help if you are in an abusive relationship. Maybe these people could be of help

http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk

I'm aware of the impact of domestic violence. My grandfather was often drunk and abusive towards my grandmother, my mum and her 2 sisters. In a way, my life has been lived slightly under the shadow of my mum's bad experience in childhood. So it not only hurts those who are directly abused, but can resonate through generations.

1 person likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My brother recently had his first child, a year ago, and thus a couple years before that enter into his first serious relationship in the "happy ever after" sense, he had plenty of girlfriends before this, now the mother of his child.

I have seen him over the last two or three years turn from one of the coolest guys I know, into this nutjob insecure agro control freak....basically turn into his father

But thats not the real WTF part.

The big WTF part, is that every female around him, his mother, his wife, his wifes sisters, his wife mother...all of them ...will just make excuses for him, and baby him...for some seriously childish behaviour, he is almost 40

Seriously, what the fuck is that shit?

1 person likes this.
  8. BlackBillBlake

Another one of those strange quirks of human beings. Even abusive people can appear charming or at least have some good qualities.

1 person likes this.
  9. morrow

morrow Visitor

Well I was going to just answer, and tell you what I thought of your response, but decided to look at your previous posts first, in case I got you wrong!
    But I haven't! Hope your stocked up with black dots, I think your PARTNERS in the future, just might need them!
    Your the type, that wouldn't see any wrong in making your girl say the things that don't upset you, behave in a way that won't upset you! And you would never see any wrong in it....go bury your head, you moron!

10. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

Do you actually speak English?

Your post is completely and utterly bizarre.
    I condemn Muslims and women who commit domestic violence, so you claim its ME that applauds violence.
    So why are you refusing to condemn these forms of violence? Not "politically correct" enough for you? YAWNNN

CR.A.ZY
    :willy_nilly:

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

What I refuse to do, is bring religion or any other argument, domestic violence is what it's about..I stand by what I said..your a moron

12. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

In fairness, if I called you a moron, I would be being unkind to morons...

Next time, try reading up on something before embarrassing yourself to such a level...

13. morrow

morrow Visitor

Lol, moron!

1 person likes this.
  14. MorphGirl

MorphGirl Banned

I think the black dot is not effective. Most people of not look at someone's palm. People only talk about these things when they are comfortable and feel they are in a safe place. Last thing you need is an abusive spouse, partner saying what the fuck is on your hand.

On the other hand, the internet might be, for some the only place to turn, a place to reach out.

So I think the dot is stupid and ineffective, it has brought attention to this group, supplying an out reach type program for victims of domestic violence online is great starter for victims. Making a call might be difficult, and typing it is easier.. just like writing in a journal, easier to write it out that say it out loud. JMO

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

So I think the dot is stupid and ineffective, it has brought attention to this group, supplying an out reach type program for victims of domestic violence online is great starter for victims. Making a call might be difficult, and typing it is easier..

Bit harsh! Stupid! It's not, for it to be suggested, says it's worked for some people, like the woman in the back of the car, who was lucky the police woman had been briefed that very morning, she just looked at the officer and put her hand on the window..The car had knife, and rope in it, saved her life! How is that stupid?
    The woman in the supermarket, held her hand out for change! Still stupid?
    Might not work for you, but it worked for them..That's why it's not stupid and ineffective!
    It's more likely women in those circumstances, will never be allowed near a computer!
    Men who control, are in control of everyday life of their victims, as are women who control their men...
    The more familiar the dot becomes, the more effective it will become, but it's not stupid!

16. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I can see in principal that it may give an opportunity for discreet identification (public if the confidence is there for to do)
    However, I think that a may create a stigma - that others may chose to, take advantage of, avoid or make presumption about.
    It could attract the wrong type of people engagement and even see judgements being made on any current (and un-related) partner
    - But - Having not been in that position - would cede opine to those who it does affect, - and indeed who matter

17. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I have never been in the position of domestic abuse, but from women's stories I have heard on the radio I can see how you can be sucked into and then trapped inside a destructive relationship.

John Hiatt wrote a song in the Nineties about it which I think captures some of the sense of how you can gradually slide into this kind of nightmare situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYahYspygVc

1 person likes this.
  18. morrow

morrow Visitor

19. BlackBillBlake