Sort Of Racist Rant About Cheap Stuff

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm so sick of so many stores selling too much cheap <a certain region of the world> shit.

Thursday night shopping here, I need a new three piece suit and a new pair of dress shoes.

As far as the suit goes, options are either tailor made in the $1000 category, or you guessed it, cheap shit in the $100 variety, why is it so hard to find something nice in between.

And as for the shoes, seems near impossible to find shoes with a leather sole anymore, even the dearer ones still seem to have synthetic shitty soles so you have to buy them again in three months

I was also frustrated last week trying to get a pergola for my mothers backyard, all options seemed to be ones manufactured in <a certain region of the world>

Need quality stuff for some things arrrgghh

Hashtag Firstworld problems
    Hashtag At least i get to eat everyday

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So all your stuff comes from China now too?

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

Even the quality stuff(supposed quality stuff) comes from those places now!

I wanted an out fit at Christmas, thought, OK it's a treat, so went to a little on the expensive side...made in China! Thought no way! There was tatty threads etc, so went to a good quality out fitters, exactly the same quality! Ended up, with an out fit I already had, updating with stuff from a trashy shop...no winning these days, unless you have it made to measure!
    The world is turning trash out...

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not sure if China is solely or even mainly to blame that stores in your area have a lot of chinese crap for sale. The good thing is your post is not that racist at all.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Ah, but China reports their manufacturing is slowing.
    That's an impact from consumer demand for ethical/fair trade (of which PROChina does have some), same country made, and dispersal to even cheaper labor pools.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Exactly, even the high enders nowadays seem to be sneaking it in

Arrrgghhh

1 person likes this.
  7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What about Myers or David Jones? Both places were always a bit more upmarket.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

DJs is one of the stores I am complaining about

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Just about everything here is coming from China regardless of price range... In the case of shoes, they have been for a long time, like 20 years or more. Most people just never realized it.

Just about all electronics at least get's it's parts from there if not being totally made there. Same with tools... car parts, etc. etc. At one point all steel manufacturing/smelting was moved to China. Even if we wanted to make something in the US we had to buy the steel from China. Not sure if that's still true but we aren't smelting iron here anymore.

On a slightly different note... I was in a store one time and heard this guy in the next isle start to go off on his "Everything's made in China these days!" rant. I went around to see what he happened to be bitching about and he's holding a dinner plate in his hand... You know, one made with "china". It's kinda hard to fault China for making something out of a material they developed about 3000 years ago. Get a grip, man!

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

What about Fletcher Jones? Their prices are a bit more in the middle.
    http://www.fletcherjones.com.au/shop/c/suits

These days not everything made in China is rubbish. I have a Sanli lawnmower that was cheap and has been ok.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This whole free trade thing has really turned out to be a bust.

12. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Dude, can't you just rent a suit for an evening? Vest, blazer, fitted pants, shoes, the whole shebang...

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Rent a suit? Ewww

Might as well go lick a toilet bowl at the same time

14. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Hardly. As long as you wear your briefs underneath, what's the big deal? Those rental suits are dry cleaned after every use, I'm sure.

15. Asmodean

You must have some bad experiences? :p

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Youre going to like the way you look, I guarantee it..

3 people like this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Bad experiences in mens pants? ;)

18. Asmodean

With renting suits... Mr. Smartypants :p

19. lode

lode Banned

It really seems like a gentleman over 20 should own his own suit. Now, if you need a tuxedo for some reason after prom, that seems like a good rental.

20. jfast94

jfast94 Members

Yeah, kind of clickbait title, but glad it wasn't racist. Even the high-quality manufactures outsource to China, but the manufacturing of said shoe or suit is just better. Having bought both, the high-quality usually pays dividends and last longer. Especially with shoes. Unless you are hitting the pavement regularly, a nice pair of shoes will last you years. Ties and the like go in and out of style depending on the pattern and cut.