Dog Passed Over A Year Ago

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by thesmelloftrees, Dec 24, 2015.

1. thesmelloftrees

thesmelloftrees Member

So my baby passed away about over a year ago. I had him since I was 10 and he was my world from the moment i begun saving a years worth of money for him. I watched him be put to sleep after something went wrong with his kidneys. I moved out 2 years ago so I never spent the last year of his life with him, something that I always felt and feel bad about. He was my best friend and alot of the time, my only friend. Id walk him an hour every day to the creek. He loved it there. I feel lost without him, like I have no one that I can have that connection with anymore. Christmas is rubbish without him because id look foward to getting him stuff. I mean everywhere i walk i wish he was by my side, all the songs on my mp3 player id listen to remind me of him. I felt like we were E.T and the flower that we were eachother. No matter what the situation if he was there everything was ok. Sometimes i walk down to the creek and cry. i miss him so much, i dont understand how i can live for years without him. I literally feel like a part of myself has died and I cant go on, even a year later I am still in the same position in life, not fully content with everything because I am just stuck in slime. If anyone has anything helpful to say Id really like that.

2 people like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Losing one of our animal babies is always hard... We never really forget them, but as time goes on it does get easier to deal with the loss.

On the flip side they don't forget us either. He will be waiting there when it's your time to pass and you will get to go down to that creek together again.

5 people like this.
  3. badphotoguy

badphotoguy Supporter HipForums Supporter

We feel you pain. We too have had several dogs that passed on. Our current dog 'Roxy' is 11 years old now and is declining pretty fast. Losing a family member is really rough. After Roxy goes to doggy heaven, we want to be dog-free for a few years.

[​IMG]

4. thesmelloftrees

thesmelloftrees Member

Thanks for the comments, it really helped me thinking that hes waiting for me and when my time is over we can walk to the creek again. Christmas is so hard without him especially having to put on a smile through the whole thing when all i want to do is cry.

1 person likes this.
  5. DJammies

DJammies Members

What has helped me (when my dog/friend passed) is knowing that in all those years he was with us, we made his life very easy and happy. And he has ours. His destiny is fulfilled and those memories will never die.

I'm sure it's still hard now, but in time, you'll always be appreciative to have him be a part of your life. :)

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

He could have had someone in his life who abused him and neglected him. Instead he had someone who loved him and cared for him... you.

If he could do it all again again and pick any owner, I think he would choose you.

4 people like this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are so many dogs (and kitties) that never have a chance at a joyful life such as you have given to your departed friend. You did what made him a happy and he knew he was a beloved friend. A person feels lost when a friend like you had reaches the end. I think most of us can relate.

It's too soon, I know------but there will be another little friend that will appear --that will need love from a caring person.----who knows when? You'll never forget the one you lost--and none will take his place---but there will be the joy of losing yourself in making another friend to love.

4 people like this.
  8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

This is a good point.

Imagine if you had just lost another pet, and your baby was in an animal shelter.

You might have passed up on bringing him into your life.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Im so sorry [​IMG]

10. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

Oh this is awful to read. I love my dog so much and still think about the dog I had before her all the time.

My heart breaks for you. (hug)

11. EleanorHernandez

EleanorHernandez Members

Its okay. I know how you must be feeling. Even I had a dog when I was 9 and she was the best of all. After she passed away I was not able to understand how tp stop myself from crying. Even today I miss her a lot.