How Do I Tell My Parents I Want To Get On Birth Control?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by venus_beauty235, Dec 14, 2015.

1. venus_beauty235

venus_beauty235 Members

so i think i have found the love of my life and we have sex as most couples do. but i am wanting to get on birth control. i am not sure how to tell my parents though. my dad said that if i ever needed to get on birth control, to tell him so that i can get it, but then he said that it to early in the relationship for us to have sex. so he doesnt even know im having sex. but i would rather get on birth control sooner than later. im just not sure how to tell them. any suggestions??

1 person likes this.
  2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

"Dad, I want to take you up on the birth control offer. I know its early yet, but I want to be responsible and prepared."

You two are using something now, right?

TAZER-69, magickman and lovebreana like this.
  3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

go to your doctor....i think asking your dad is kind of gross

if you think youre old enough for sex youre old enough to take a trip to the doctor by yourself

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As akwerd as this conversation will be I am sure your parents would much rather have it then you ending up pregnant.

Metromale Clinic and magickman like this.
  5. drumminmama

Many docs in the US won't treat without a parent/guardian in the building. Not the exam room, but in the clinic waiting room. It's a legal consent issue and a payment contract issue.
    Heck, at 47, I still like moral support on certain things.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How old are you, Venus?

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

What drumminmama said. Birth control takes a month or 2 to be fully effective anyways usually, so you can exlain that to your dad and say that you want it to be working properly by the time you are ready. You could also throw in some crap about regulating your period if necessary.

I know that the best route would to be completely honest with your parents, but I also understand that can be difficult sometimes. If you think your dad can handle the whole truth, go for it.

Either way, condoms are your friend until you can get the pill.

TAZER-69 likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Tell him with sock puppets

Use a smaller sock made into a ball, stuffed inside a bigger sock as the what if you dont let me, pregnant sock

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  9. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Tell him...he may say he wishes you would wait, but if he said he will get you BC, then tell him. Will be much harder to tell him you are pregnant, eh?

Both my daughters came to me and told me. Of course I gave them the talk about waiting...but I still took them to Dr and did it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Wet_finger

Wet_finger Members

just tell them you want to be responsible and have birth control pills. its a lot safer than condoms alone.thats what i did with my parents, they were not too happy with it but they prefered the pill than a pregnancy. im really happy i did it, and my boyfriend loves that we dont need to wear a condom, but you should wear one to prevent hiv.

11. lovebreana

lovebreana Members

Like some others have already said, just being honest is going to be the best route. Just be sure to still use condoms until you've been on it long enough for it to be effective. I used to set a reminder on my phone to remind me to take it at the same time everyday.

12. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

If requesting birth control as contraceptive would make his head explode, you can also always go the route of asking to start it to alleviate menstural issues, and acne.
    If even this doesn't convince your parents to facilitate a trip to the gynocologist you dont actually need parental consent regardless of age at any planned parenthood, or typically any other similar clinic, but will have to pay out of pocket for the prescription.

13. iriegnome

iriegnome Member

He knows. Us fathers generally aren't that unknowing. Really. We know. We don't want to know most of the time, but we still know. It is a part of life. I know my daughter is taking birth control. I got her into the Gynecologist. However, I don't want to know. She is wanting to be the adult she thinks she is, she can take care of it. However, I am totally open to any questions or concerns she has. But make no mistake, your parents already know.

14. undefeated

undefeated Member

think ill put a nice check mark to "never having daughters" i mean if i was a father my daughter having sex with one or lots of guys would kill me. so boys only for me

15. drumminmama

So your sons having sex with multiple men and women would be ok?

wilsjane and Excitedlynervous like this.
  16. undefeated

undefeated Member

yes there is a different bond between a father and daughter than a father and son. your daughter is "daddy's little girl" its a special bond. so im sayinf when she gets in her teens and starts having sex with lots of guys in high school and especially her college years- it would break my heart. thus to avoid being heart broken when im an old man- ill just have sons

GLENGLEN likes this.
  17. venus_beauty235

venus_beauty235 Members

18. venus_beauty235

venus_beauty235 Members

I will be 17 in sept.

19. venus_beauty235

venus_beauty235 Members

I will be 17 in sept.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i agree, it's probably best that you only have sex with other boys. no risk of having a daughter that way.

Excitedlynervous and magickman like this.