Image Of Earth And Moon In Same Frame And Scale

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by relaxxx, Dec 7, 2015.

1. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The Hayabusa 2 asteroid explorer took this amazing photo of the Earth and Moon from a distance of 3 million kilometers

[​IMG]

Want to blow your mind even more?

Put your mouse pointer on the moon (little grey speck on the left) and drag your pointer over to the earth. While you drag say "one Mississippi" and time it so your pointer lands on earth when you finish speaking.

You just moved your pointer faster than the speed of light would travel between those two points.

7 people like this.
  2. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

I have been reading that lots of space pictures seem and are fake. Seems lolsy but food for thought, since we aren't out there ourselves takin' pics and most people don't know an extreme amount about space and space theory

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Seriously Cool, Thanks For Creating The Thread...... :) .

Cheers Glen.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Yeah, I probably should not have said to scale as the moon is probably far behind the earth in that picture. If they were parallel with the camera, the moon would be out of frame.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah when we see all these beautiful colored nebulas it is worthy to take in account those pics were not coloured when they were shot by a camera.

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I can't believe how far the Moon is from Earth, and how long it takes to get there at the speed of light.

I found this cool video that shows it takes 3 min. and 13 sec. to get from the Sun to Mercury, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AAU_btBN7s

Warp 1 sucks. Warp Factor 10, Mr. Sulu.. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.