How Do You Go About Finding Out "whats In?"

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Dude111, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

For me,I dont give a fuck 'WHATS IN' .. I wear what I like and I could really give a fuck what anyone else thinks!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you don't care, why are you asking?

1 person likes this.
  3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ah man!!

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

What's in? I open the closet. That's what's in. Oh, and the chest of drawers. That tells me what's in.

But for an attempt at a serious answer, I draw a strong line between fashion and style. Style is consistent and eventually internalized to the individual. It can morph, a person can play in a few. Style isn't rigid.
    Fashion is externally dictated. It's transient and changing constantly.
    Someone in fashion isn't necessarily in style.
    Someone stylish will always be in fashion, even as the clothing items or what have you are different.

Now, my personal style is simple, a pretty typical North American jeans and shirt/sweater/blouse look, with hippie skirts, dyes and jewelry. I've been wearing some variant of it since age eight. That's 39 years., btw.

Aside from climatic adjustments, the only great change I noticed, was moving to solid T shirts from the band and cause logos of my 20s/30s. I have only a couple graphic shirts, and at least two are actually batiks. (YMSB from 1999/2000, SCI NYE run 1999)
    I wavered between being no one's advertisement, and supporting my musician friends.
    I used to buy t shirts, now I buy a spare ticket and miracle someone every few shows. They usually buy a shirt, and are usually more social than I , especially outside the music scene. They make great adverts!

1 person likes this.
  5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Be observant. But if you're not interested in what's in it gets harder to keep check on it. If you are interested I suppose you naturally keep yourself in the loop.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Like music,eh? I know what's "hot" in singer songwriter/folk/roots (or should I say, who is playing full rooms) music, but I couldn't tell you who is on the radio stations.

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I wear what I like. And what I like is normally weird and out of fashion. I agree with drumminmama though, there is a big difference between fashion and style.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Doesn't much of the brain dead population watch the kardashians to know this?
    Youngest daughter is making millions now on her new lipstick line i heard, as whatever lipstick she wore with her fully injected lips, everyone copied, so she decided to put her name on a lipstick brand and it gets sold out in first minutes...

Honestly, I would not wear much of what they wear....so to answer you, i don't....

I am my own trend setter...always have been....anything I ever wore was copied.....even now...the way i put jogging clothes together and colors and things, i noticed some of the regulars now doing and wearing same things.

I have my own style.

If I could sew, as well as I can design I would be a millionarie....can draw my designs but cannot sew them....

9. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

This reminded me of all those pictures of kids who ruined their lips trying to suck them into shot glasses because of one of the kardashians.

10. Jayzee

Jayzee Members

What's in fashion i have left behind me decades ago ....

For me what's hot is by looking back to the early day's what they use to wear and try to make it myself and / or give it my own twist.

Be creative and most of all be your authentic self

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what does your girl friend think of your ''i dont give a fuck'' attitude?

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

to be ''in'' as a 20 something?...or a50 something....skinny jeans and a wool hat...skateboard....machiato...iphone....those dopey austalian shoes everyone wears....dead kennedys shirt....

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

14. Flyingcoala

Flyingcoala Members

Every person as an individual should feel free and wear whatever he\she wants...Clothing is an expression of our personality and this doesn't fit in fashion.Fashion is just an industry.It has nothing to do withbthw way someone likes to dress..what s 'in' is something those industries invented to controll what people like and sell more..I respect fashion designers as artists but what s in fashion is not a rule.We all have sometimes pointed our finger towards someone cause of the way he\she was dressed usually depending on if the clothes are too old fashioned or not.Freedom above everything bros and sistas
    Peace :)

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I would focus first on your footwear. Then perhaps new jeans. Then nice band t-shirts you probably don't listen to, or some that you do... I have an Imagine Dragons t-shirt I wear to bed because I don't even listen to Imagine Dragons! Lol. Have fun with it!

16. Jayzee

Jayzee Members

+1 :daisy: