My Dreads Are Wild!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by hayley132, Nov 29, 2015.

1. hayley132

hayley132 Members

I'm having trouble with the middle back. I've worked on them with my best friend and myself. But I've had them for not even 2 weeks and I washed them they won't come out. The frount and sides look amazing but the back just matted all up. I've asked my bf to help me and it's so messed up he does not even know or want to try to start. And I can't see. Anyone else have this!??! Should I leave it alone or brush it out and waite for my friend to come back and re section and help me??

2. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

What you need to do is feel around back there and find the ones that are eating each other and pull them apart. I've had mine for a couple of years and go through every day and do that. Also you will get some loose hairs that will eventually form into neglect dreads.

C/S,
    Rev J

3. quark

quark Parts Unknown

The dreads in the middle back will always try to join up with each other. You'll need to rip them apart if you don't want it them to conjoin. I had a large "congo" in the back which I eventually ripped into 3 normal size dreads. Re-sectioning will solve the "looking messed up" part for now, but the same thing is likely to happen regardless somewhere down the line.

It's easier to pull them apart while they're young. It's a pain when they're older and have locked up near the roots.