Guys, What Are Your Feelings For Your Father Or Male Father Figure In Your Life?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by JimInPhila, Nov 29, 2015.

1. JimInPhila

JimInPhila Member

I was never impressed with my father for most of my life as I remember it. He was just prefect and if you don't believe me, you should have askrf him. He was so impressed with himself, I just couldn't be.

Would like to hear your viewpoints on this subject.

2. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

I actually never expected to have any great feelings for my father. Hence, I did not.

He was a very accomplished person. And, no doubt, he did have his rough edges, too.

Yet, I clearly belonged to a different generation, and was embracing very different values. I never thought that our two very different worlds could ever reach anything more than a very basic level of peaceful coexistence.

Fortunately, both my father and I saw the matter at hand in very much the same way, and made sure we stayed out of each other's way...

KD

3. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

my father probably didn't even know i existed. or he knew and didn't care. all i know is he knocked up my mom and i never heard of him since. he's dead now anyway.

when i was a kid i pretended i didn't care about my father. he obviously didn't care about me, so i told myself i could care less and that i didn't need him. i had a father figure, after all, in the form of my mom's brother, who i admired and loved back then, and love to this day. he's one of the greatest men i've ever known in my life. so the father that i did have, albeit not biological, i loved.

my dad made me feel unwanted. i suppose it affected me sufficiently enough, that by default i still tend to think that way (that i'm not wanted by other people) to this day.