A Baby Is Born...then Dies Two Years Later...huh?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TheSamantha, Nov 27, 2015.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Not anyone I know.

Just thinking:

Say a baby is born and dies two years later.

Don't focus on the suffering part. This isn't about why God would allow that.

The baby didn't accept Christ!

What was the point of the baby's life? There was no relationship with God.

The baby didn't have tests, trials and tribulations, temptations, sins, repentance, not even baptism...

Also, is the baby saved?

The baby is in hell?? That's fair!

The baby is in heaven? Automatically?? That's fair to the rest of us, who have exposure to rational and emotional doubt and can therefore (in all likelihood) burn in hell!

What say you?

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The age of reason in the catholic church is seven, so 2 years old, no sweat - the kid will be chillin’ in his crib among the clouds.

Hotwater

2 people like this.
  3. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Guaranteed resurrection

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Shit happens.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sending babies to hell is very, VERY taboo. Even the Catholic church won't go there.

But yeah, the baby's in Hell. Bible says so. It's not unfair. It's just that obviously the baby was a demon and God didn't feel like letting the baby grow up and screw up everybody's lives. The baby is sort of a blight on God's perfect plan. Down in old Hell they all wear leather jackets. "Hell Babies" they say on the back.

6. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

How is that fair to the rest of us if the baby is in heaven?

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I say the religious bullshit must end.

1 person likes this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The baby is in a blender

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Could you quote chapter and verse on that? I don't know if that is in the Bible, but if it is I'd be interested to know where.

10. John 3:5

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

11. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

And what about the 200 interpretations you can make out of that?

12. What's there to interpret? It says plainly, the unbaptized don't go to Heaven. The only other place Jesus talked about was Hell, so I think it's a safe bet to say that unbaptized babies go to Hell. We also know that God is fair and just, so it's safe to assume God didn't allow these certain babies to be baptized. Probably they were evil souls God cast down to Earth with the express purpose of sending them to Hell ASAP.

13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Idk
    What does Shakespeare say about something like that? The compilation of his works is the only bible I recognize.

14. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

You think he had babies in mind when he said that? (hypothetically of course as we don't know for certain he did say it)

15. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Jesus talked about hell? Show me?

16. He could have had babies in mind. I suppose at this point I should make it clear that I didn't think anybody was going to think I seriously believe babies are demons who go to hell if unbaptized.

Mark 9:43, 48-49 “And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire…where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire.”

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There is no Hell as we like to artistically imagine one to be, not a hell thats waiting for any of us. Sinners names are written in the book that exists in the lake of fire. There is no eternal damnation, just that those in the book will not live a second life when Jesus makes his way down to punch Satan in the nose. So no babies or infants are "going to hell".

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why would we think that little kids wouldn’t go to heaven, especially since Jesus apparently had such high regard for them? (Mark 9:37;10:14-16;Matthew 18:3-4). "The baby didn't accept Christ." Of course not, because the baby wasn't capable of understanding that concept. To think that the baby is therefore condemned to Hell is monstrous. What kind of God would do that? Since God is Love, that can't be right. Therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that the baby goes to Heaven or some other nice place. The Catholics used to have them go to Limbo, but that's been shut down, so they must go to Heaven. I don't think that's unjust. Look at the Prodigal son, or the parable of the workers in the vineyard.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why would we think that little kids wouldn’t go to heaven, especially since Jesus apparently had such high regard for them? (Mark 9:37;10:14-16;Matthew 18:3-4). "The baby didn't accept Christ." Of course not, because the baby wasn't capable of understanding that concept. To think that the baby is therefore condemned to Hell is monstrous. What kind of God would do that? What would be the point? Since God is Love, that can't be right. Therefore, it's reasonable to conclude that the baby goes to Heaven or some other nice place. The Catholics used to have them go to Limbo, but that's been shut down, so they must go to Heaven. I don't think that's unjust. Look at the Prodigal son, or the parable of the workers in the vineyard. Don't be so pessimistic about the rest of us. A just God isn't going to condemn us just because we have "exposure to rational and emotional doubt." That's a natural consequence of our God-given reason, and if we exercise it in good faith, we should have nothing to worry about. Even Pope Benedict VI came to that conclusion in Faith and Tolerance.